Senior Counsel, Cyber & Intelligence Solutions
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Counsel, Cyber & Intelligence SolutionsOverview
• Mastercard is looking for an energized commercial/technology attorney to join its dynamic legal team to serve as a legal partner to the Cyber & Intelligence Solutions (C&I) group of Mastercard. Mastercard’s C&I team provides strategic and cutting edge safety, security, identity and fraud solutions to Mastercard’s customers and cardholders. This innovative team helps develop the next generation of Mastercard product solutions with respect to authentication, artificial intelligence, behavioral biometrics, cybersecurity, contactless transactions, and the internet-of-things.
• Under the direction of the Senior Vice President, Assistant General Counsel, Cyber & Intelligence Solutions, this position will provide the legal and general support for the commercialization of C&I products in Asia-Pacific.
• The position will be located in Singapore.
• Provide solution-oriented counsel in support of the commercialization and sales efforts of the regional and local C&I teams;
• Advise on legal, regulatory, reputational, and liability matters for new and existing products under an agile product development environment. Research on local law, conduct jurisdictional reviews, and collaborate with subject matter experts on data privacy, regulatory, IP, and other issues;
• Assist the broader C&I legal team by closely monitoring and staying tuned with C&I’s AP strategy and direction, connecting the dots and understanding big picture and helping to guide the rest of the legal team to support the business accordingly and assisting in keeping the legal team proactive and ahead;
• Structure, draft, and negotiate complex commercial, services, partnership and license agreements;
• Leadership and liaison roles in aligning and collaborating across various business and legal teams;
• Collaborate with team members on product development and go-to-market implementation;
• Strategic partner and trusted advisor to a demanding business unit; High level of interaction with business clients;
• Manage wide-ranging issues such as data usage/privacy, intellectual property, compliance, regulatory, and tax by partnering with subject matter experts in these areas and other stakeholder teams, and balancing these issues against reputational risk to ensure product constructs and commercial agreements are consistent with corporate strategy, internal policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations;
• Support sales and execution initiatives in defined markets within Asia Pacific.
All About You
• Strong global experience in supporting commercialization of products and product management
• Solid transactional training and experience (preferably from a highly reputable law firm); Must have strong drafting and negotiations skills with the ability to manage complex issues and deal structure;
• Ability to operate in an agile and less than full information environment and ability to make quick but calculated decisions while managing risk effectively;
• Must be pragmatic, solutions-oriented, business-friendly, creative, nimble, thought provoker, and an advocate for the business; Must have leadership skills in bringing different perspectives together and work through competing priorities;
• Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, but also take direction from manager and other team members, as appropriate;
• Must multi-task effectively in an extremely fast-paced team environment with short turnaround times;
• Must have strong communication skills to interact with clients and colleagues;
• Must be a team player and willing to take on responsibilities and roles that support the team, region, department and the company;
• Must be interested in significant contact with the business clients on a daily basis
• A Juris Doctorate degree (or non-U.S. equivalent) and admitted to bar (or non-U.S. equivalent) and in good standing
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake additional duties from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the C&I business.Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities