Manager, Payment Screening, Digibank
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Get to know our Team:
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
Get to know the Role:
We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to use it to redefine how financial services are offered, which is why Singtel and Grab are coming together. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services while Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to consumers. Together, we have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers.
We’re looking for a Payment Screening Manager. He/she will be responsible for designing, maintaining and implementing Payment screening guidelines. The candidate should have in-depth understanding on the payment screening requirements as prescribed by AML regulations. As a key stakeholder under the AML risk management framework, he / she should continuously be innovative and improves the effectiveness of payment screening guidelines.
The day-to-day activities:
- Design / maintain and ensure consistent interpretation and implementation of payment screening. Good understanding of local AML regulations (e.g MAS626) & guidelines relating to name screening. Additionally, candidates must be able to conduct payment screening related training and continuously improve effectiveness of payment screening related controls.
- Provide team leadership and set up the payment screening infrastructure and build up team as well as to provide relevant training to scale up the team’s capabilities. Ensure timely execution and review of payment screening activities.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to establish improved effectiveness of payment screening standards and processes. To be decisive in providing good payment screening advisory to various stakeholders.
- Provide inputs into new product, operational plans to support business strategies. Work closely with product/ tech teams to design solutions, facilitate User Acceptance Testing and implementation as part of effective operations handling.
- Be innovative (such as using technology solutions) and participate in New Products approval. Identify problems and improve, change or contextualize existing matters and techniques based on personal experience and feedback. Embraced empowerment and able to work independently and proactively seek out advice.
- Perform payment screening review for Retail Consumers / Corporates (particularly Small & Medium Enterprises).
- Strong communication skill; the ability to exercise influence and convince parties that have a desire to reach agreement to accept or adopt new ideas, practices and approaches.
- Take ownership and accountability, and support the overall AML strategic program.
The must haves:
- A good university degree.
- At least 7 years of relevant hands-on payment / name screening alert review experience.
- In-depth understanding of MAS regulations on AML/CFT/Sanction relating to name screening requirements. Familiar with ACIP and industry developments in digital initiatives.
- Good practical working knowledge with the consumer retail/ small & medium enterprises banking segments. Familiar with sanction related knowledge.
- Good team leadership management skill with excellent communication, written and presentation skills. Problem-solving, positive and constructive attitude is a must.
- Understanding of various commercial payment screening / monitoring systems (e.g Refinitiv / Worldchecks etc) and familiar with different AML risk scenario and used cases for performing UAT.
- Experience in analysing and quantifying complex strategic issues tied to payment screening.
- Hardworking, ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a startup VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties.
Good to have:
- Certification as an AML specialist (e.g CAMS / Diploma n AML) with a recognized institution will be an advantage.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Drive Southeast Asia Forward with us