Senior Account Executive
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Square Australia Sales team is looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our growing team. You will be a brand ambassador for Square Australia and will help find opportunities outside our traditional channels to help Australian businesses grow. Your deep product knowledge will help guide prospects in their evaluation of our platform to see if we are suited to solve the diverse challenges facing them today. You will work with Square's most prominent use-cases across multiple markets and will report to the Sales Manager, Australia. This role can be based in Victoria, New South Wales or Queensland.
- Connect with Australian customers by email and phone, quickly establishing trust and building value
- Build relationships with multiple partners to configure business cases for change
- Understand complex requirements and help create custom solutions
- Work with Australian and global Square Sales, Marketing, Product and Partnership teams to provide feedback on the needs of our most creative clients
- Maintain current knowledge of the global Square product ecosystem and how this may help large value Australian customers to improve their operations
- Create a great first impression for prospective Square merchants by using storytelling, case studies and other materials to inspire them about how Square could benefit their businesses
- Represent Square and our product ecosystem in the local Victorian and national Australian markets
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
- Maintain current understanding of Australian and global Square sales processes
- Maintain accurate sales data and documentation by using tools including Salesforce
- Previously sold a complex ecosystem of solutions into multiple industries
- Passion for technology and the industry Square operates in
- Assessed business opportunities and reading prospective buyers
- The ability to gather support from internal experts and external partners to position Square in the market
- Deep outbound prospecting experience
- Genuine curiosity about people and business, and the ability to inspire passion in others
- An interest in implementing feedback, and improving your sales abilities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.