This job is no longer accepting applications.
MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better!
What’s great about being a service designer here
- Our team is made up of around 40 hardworking designers across three cities.
- We love learning and sharing – we have weekly critiques and regular brown-bag sessions.
- We’re a multidisciplinary team of product designers, visual designers, design researchers, and service designers.
- We don’t throw our designs over the wall. We know that everyone here helps make the user experience, but the design team is trusted to make the call.
- We have well supported design system.
- Our designers have the right level of autonomy and ownership in what they design, and how they work with their teams to deliver it
- We’re people nerds, obsessed with making things that matter for our customers.
- We’re a part of a larger design, agency, and brand community at MYOB that empowers us to think about experiences as a whole.
What we’re looking for in a Service Designer
Our service designers cover a lot of ground. They:
- Can take a holistic view of a problem and its ecosystem
- Nurture a deep understanding of our internal teams and processes that we use to support our customers
- Balance the needs of stakeholders with competing priorities
- Seek out critique and feedback to help improve themselves and their designs
- Take ideas and prototypes to users and customers
- Want to understand our customers and stakeholders, and use a broad range of discovery techniques to do it
Our philosophy is to make sure our designers are involved in the full lifespan of a project. Why? Because we are not our users. We’re not accounting professionals or small businesses, nor are we front-line support staff. We want designers who jump into any domain, make sense of it and design a way forward.
What we look for in our service designers
- Strong collaborator within multi-functional teams
- Focus on outcomes. Adjust the approach and find new ways to solve the real problem
- Experience in designing, planning and conducting research method
- Translate research findings into actionable results
- Understand and communicate customer needs and behaviours
- Strong storytelling and interpersonal skills for building empathy for customers
You will have experience with
- Research and discovery techniques
- Service design methods and techniques
- Product and Interaction design
- Business process analysis
- Design validation/usability testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to work with appropriate design methods and tools
- Good communication, analytical and interpersonal skills working within (and across) multi-functional teams
- UX/Product design experience is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more