Product Marketing Manager, Payments
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Product Marketing team at Square ensures that the right customers are getting the right message, through the right channels and represents the customer's voice in product strategy decisions. As the Japan-based PMM for the Payments team, you'll be based in Tokyo, Japan (or working remotely anywhere in Japan) and will implement marketing strategies to help grow Payments Processing and our Payments seller base in Japan. The Payments Product team at Square manages Square's flagship payments product, making it possible for any seller to take card payments. An experienced Product Marketing Manager, you will understand product strategy, growth marketing, positioning and messaging and will report to the Global Product Marketing Lead, Payments in San Francisco.
- Lead the ongoing marketing strategy for Square's Payments products in Japan
- Be the voice of the customer in Japan and partner with Product Management, Design and Engineering to establish the international product strategy and influence the product roadmap
- Identify target customers, their needs, and how products will meet those needs through surveys, interviews, and product usage
- Review Square Payments products' competitive offerings and promote ongoing differentiation
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, and messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns for Square Payments products
- Be the liaison between the Payments team and the local Sales/Marketing/Customer Success teams to gather feedback and collaborate on local marketing opportunities/partnerships
- Develop roadmaps for: channel optimization, creative testing, landing page optimization, and audience expansion across channels to ensure performance marketing targets are met
- Ensure product releases are launched with appropriate localization and messaging for Japanese Sellers
- Work with the Globalization team of translators and localization specialists to review and refine English-to-Japanese translations for product and marketing content
- Provide updates on performance, results, and marketing projects on a weekly and monthly basis
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- The ability to work with Japan-based customers and Square team members in Japanese, and global Square colleagues in English (writing, video meetings, in person)
- Experience working in product marketing, growth or lifecycle marketing, or similar go-to-market positions
- Experience with marketing and go-to-market in international markets
- Background in B2C marketing, with experience delivering growth in consumer tech or small to medium business tech
- Experience in growth or lifecycle marketing by email, in-product, content marketing, and other owned/ earned channels
- Passion for Square and desire to help Square Sellers in Japan succeed
- Experience using data visualization tools (ie. Looker), CMS (ie. Contentful) and Google Analytics, Paid Marketing and Search Console
- Experience developing pricing strategies and recommendations
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.