Manager, Merchant Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and financial services across a region of more than 620 million people. We work with governments, drivers, passengers, merchants, and the community, to solve critical problems in Southeast Asia.
The team is responsible for all consumer-driven brand & marketing efforts across all Grab services in the Philippines, including but not limited to Grab Financial Group, GrabFood, GrabMart, etc. If you share our vision of driving Southeast Asia forward, apply to join our team today.
If you share our vision of driving Southeast Asia forward, apply to join our team today.
Get to know the Role:
We are looking for candidates who have a strong track record of leading, planning, and ultimately running integrated marketing campaigns involving retail merchants and/or partners. Candidates are typically required to possess at least 6-8 years of working experience in roles that exemplify data-driven marketing to support decision-making. The successful candidate is required to work independently and think strategically in solving business problems within the “Deliveries” space while navigating through matrix environments. A knack for numbers and structure would be an asset.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a self-motivated, resourceful individual who can perform under pressure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You should have a clear understanding of end-to-end marketing strategies, and be able to break down complex issues into executable strategies and detailed tactics.
As the Merchant Marketing team is responsible for driving multiple Grab services in the Philippines, the ideal candidate should possess the ability to adapt quickly in an ever-changing landscape and be ready to move with the needs of the business.
The day-to-day activities:
- Lead the team to drive business growth across all target segments via acquisition and retention initiatives that hit business objectives and build brand loyalty.
- Create merchant-specific campaigns to grow merchant love, retention, engagement, and investment on the platform.
- Leads for overall merchant-facing marketing initiatives.
- Co-owns joint business planning activities with the business unit and the merchant partner
- Budget management to ensure each initiative is backed by media investment based on priorities.
- Prioritize and demystify objectives or tasks into actionable next steps for the team.
- Responsible for the end-to-end design and execution of strategic campaigns including concept ideation, media and demand planning, go-to-market strategy, and budget planning. React fast to mid-campaign performance and optimize in between campaign activities.
- Manage reporting and analysis across marketing campaigns, using data to drive better campaigns through a test and learn approach.
- Work with all key stakeholders and supporting functions (internal and external) to deliver high-quality work for creative, PR, media buying, events, etc. for Grab.
- Work with our marketing analytics and consumer research teams to drive insight into how consumers are using our platform and translate these insights into innovative campaigns.
- Proven track record of leading teams in a complex organizational structure
- Ability to work independently and think strategically in driving certain initiatives
- Experience in working on projects from ideation to completion.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Familiar with the entire marketing mix – you have a good knowledge of how and when to leverage different marketing channels from above-the-line and below-the-line communications for brand activation. You must also have a clear understanding of how to plan an end-to-end marketing rollout for new campaigns (e.g. product launches, consumer campaigns, merchant campaigns, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of the Philippines market, deep understanding of consumer insights and media landscape.
- Results-oriented and data-driven: Able to make data-informed decisions for a marketing plan. Proven track record of utilizing data forming innovative and interesting ideas that are successfully operationalized into impactful marketing campaign execution.
- Resourceful and creative: Knack for identifying great marketing creative. You work well with creative people, knowing how they need to be briefed and managed in order to deliver the most impactful creative work.
- Relentlessly driven and seeks challenges: Willingness to drive growth and able to embrace and tackle challenges.
- Proficiency in English is a must.
- Years of experience: 6-8 years.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Drive Southeast Asia Forward with us