Head of Compliance & Risk, Thailand
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Reporting to the APAC RCO, this Sr Manager Head of Compliance & Risk Thailand is responsible for second line oversight for all risk disciplines, including Compliance, across PayPal Thailand.
This position is charged with the implementation of the GGRC strategic plan and policies & standards to drive an industry-leading, data-driven approach to excellence in enterprise risk and compliance management that meets both the PayPal global risk management framework and all local regulatory requirements.Job Description:
This role will provide oversight by:
- Maintaining and managing Policy and Procedure Governance, Risk Appetite Governance and Reporting;
- Collaborating with Legal to maintain an inventory of legal obligations;
- Supporting maintenance of risks in line with risk taxonomy, framework and assessment process;
- Providing objective, independent risk and compliance assessments and recommendations;
- Supporting 1st line in prioritization of risk mitigation;
- Establishing and maintaining effective stakeholder engagement across PayPal and key regulators and escalate timely and actionable information to key stakeholders;
- Collaborate with GGRC professionals in APAC and globally to ensure effective implementation of the GGRC framework;
- Manage relationship and exam/ inspection reviews with all regulators and partners and ensure inspection preparedness;
- Establish processes with Legal and Government Relations to ensure awareness of all regulatory changes relevant to Thailand (e.g. AML/CTF, payment regulations, consumer protection, technology, information security, privacy, data protection);
- Manage regulatory reporting/inquiries vis-à-vis the Thailand FSA, KLFB and JAFIC and manage appropriate regulatory response to incidents and breaches;
- Review new products/services for compliance with applicable Thailand regulatory requirements
- Maintain and deploy GGRC management capability, including the provision of advice, insight and support to the Thailand business, operational teams GGRC regional, international and other stakeholders on compliance matters, including with respect to both local and global PayPal policy;
- Oversee and continue to enhance Thailand AML policy and procedures, including with respect to KYC, suspicious transaction reporting, and enhanced due diligence requirements for high risk transactions;
- Support the management and development of the overall Compliance Program, including with respect to
- Second line of defense – risk assessments, gap analysis, control mapping
- Management of internal written policies
- Internal compliance training and education
- Administration of governance structure
- Work with the functional Internal Controls Partners (ICPs) to understand global risks impacting Thailand as well as risk themes which may impact the business;
- Maintain oversight of the centralized register of identified risks and issues to assist monitoring and reporting;
- Ensure the GGRC framework is complete, consistent, cost effective and adds value for customers and shareholders (e.g. protecting their assets and interests);
- Foster confidence and provide assurance to management that GGRC framework is effectively managed, consistent with the local regulatory requirements;
- Advise on the inherent risks and/or compliance issues pertaining to proposed business strategy and plans, including whether those risks are consistent with the agreed with appetite using objectively and balance;
- Reinforce roles and responsibilities with respect to embedding GGRC across the 1st and 2nd lines of defense, and provide objective oversight and challenge of strategy, key business decisions and performance, for improved outcomes;
- Oversee and report on 2nd line testing and controls;
- Proactively work with 3rd line of defense (Internal Audit) to understand key issues and maintain oversight on resolution plans across businesses;
- Drive a culture of risk and compliance across the business.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- At least 10+ years of experience in a large organization including demonstrated leadership in building risk and compliance frameworks for global financial institutions
- Fluent in Thai
- Strong relationship skills with Thai regulatory bodies such as the Bank of Thailand
- Sound knowledge of risk and compliance practices/framework and Thai regulatory obligations with respect to relevant areas of law (AML/CTF, Privacy Act, Consumer Protection, payments legislative requirements, etc.);
- Broad understanding of payments, credit and retail banking
- Proven ability to communicate, collaborate and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders on matters having significant business impact
- Leadership and judgment to analyze, evaluate, develop and effectuate solutions to complex problems
- Team player with creativity, resourcefulness, a passion for problem solving, comfort with ambiguity and interpersonal acumen
- Ability to prioritize amongst many conflicting needs, advocate a course of action, and pursue it consistently, while remaining flexible and responsive to dynamic situations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and innovatively and proven track record for delivering results
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong ability to source, manage and analyze data to drive risk management strategies and decisions
- High energy and a desire to work in a results and team oriented, rapid growth environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal