Customer Success Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
You will be responsible for maintaining and strengthening strategic relationships with key leaders in merchant organizations. You will uncover and address servicing roadblocks and mitigate escalations while identifying new and cross-sell/upsell opportunities for PayPal, working closely in partnership with Sales. With the ability to be a trusted advisor and strategic thought partner to merchants, you will be responsible for managing the customer relationship for merchants whose potential value exceeds their current value to PayPal. You will help merchants Identify growth opportunities and products that align to their strategic goals. Your success in this role will be measured through customer satisfaction, Integration quality, sales opportunities, and decline/churn prevention.Job Description:
We are a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. Our company values demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
- Minimum 3.-5 years of customer success or account servicing experience with mid-level to complex, enterprise solutions to Fortune 1000 companies.
- Multi-year track record of over-achievement proven through customer retention metrics
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple customers, developing opportunities, and exceeding new business targets
- Proven consultative servicing abilities and proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborating across multiple departments and influencing all levels within an organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience required
- Prior payments knowledge preferred
- Contract Management experience; Compliance, commercial negotiations and guiding contract renewal or termination/expiration
- Develop strategic relationships with merchant decision makers, including C-Level executives and product owners
- Own commercial relationship managing the overall strategic health of the merchant
- Utilize long-term relationships to probe and understand merchant's business and strategic priorities, partnering with merchants to develop strategy, build trust, and demonstrate value of PayPal
- Develop customer success plan with key merchant contacts (Extensive experience in planning sales strategies to perform sales activities for clients effectively and accomplish project goals effectively)
- Establish clear goals and milestones that you and the customer will be working towards
- Develop and facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews with merchants –Video Conference/ Phone based on current environment
- Provides innovation that increases our net revenue, increases client retention and is scalable to meet the client needs.
- Monitor health of portfolio and complete monthly analysis of Growth, Decline, Risk, and Churn. Research any items that are out of the norm. Outreach to merchants when additional information or steps are required or need to be considered.
- Keeps client informed of product roadmap; assists in execution of Go To Market plans for products that are relevant to partner and/or their merchant base
- Drives to implementation; oversees quality and delivery of integration and marketing commitments.
- Learns client’s pain points and wish list; understands priorities and urgency; communicates this knowledge to PayPal management; helps develop programs, products, training etc. that increase PayPal’s value to partner
- Executing and providing supporting functions for contract requirements and project implementations as needed.
- Updating and documenting all significant activities for clients into systems in a timely manner to track activities for future references.
- Executing administrative meetings and events to educate and guide customers on products and services and its benefits to support client goals.
Proactive value delivery and churn prevention
- Leverage technical domain expertise to uncover and address servicing roadblocks across full suite of products
- Proactively deliver value to merchants through ongoing use and optimization of existing products (Identifies mutually beneficial opportunities to increase PayPal penetration; develops plan and coordinates cross functional team to bring opportunities to fruition)
- Advocate for merchant with internal teams, including product, technical support, etc. to ensure long-term retention of merchants
- Manage portfolio growth by reviewing merchant operating model and identifying expansion opportunities
- Build credibility and influence stakeholders via continual delivery of value propositions tailored to merchant needs
- Drive merchant retention through ongoing relationship management and churn mitigation/negotiation
- Drive additional value by encouraging deeper feature adoption and explore opportunities to extend partnership
- Serve as the product consultant and subject matter expert on PayPal operations processes, procedures, and policies.
- Works with Integration and Certification teams to ensure that partner’s PayPal integrations are of high quality
- Provide proactive education on Fraud/Risk best practices. Discuss any additional velocity checks or other mitigation tools that may help reduce risk.
Address servicing roadblocks and solution acumen
- Proactively and effectively identify technical roadblocks to maximizing merchant value
- Utilize domain knowledge and cross-functional partners to address technical roadblocks
- Complete periodic underwriting review
- Manage cross-functional teams (including TAMs) to execute servicing needs
- Make a highly positive impact on culture and team - work well with others, share learnings, build trust, and lead by example
- Take ownership of situations affecting your customers and follow any issues through to completion
Key competencies of a Customer Success Manager at PayPal
- Trusted advisor and proactive partner
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills – experience managing complex customer issues from inception through resolution
- Ability to build strategic working relationships - Possess fantastic interpersonal skills
- Strong planner / organizer with have experience directing others
- Ability to communicate, listen, and influence (Excellent written and verbal communication skills – experience in an environment that required heavy client contact, documentation and follow up.)
- Strategy, product, and technical acumen and expertise
- Strong knowledge of Payments, customer service and industry practices preferred
- Be self-motivated and effectively manage your workload
- Ability to think outside the box, consistently bring new ideas to the table.
- Support Initiatives from other departments
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal