Systems Operations Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Provide levels 1 and level 2 support for client-facing systems and applications including mainframes, Tandems, switches, networks, processor links, ATM’s, servers- windows, UNIX, Linux and internet applications.
What you will be doing
• Drives issue resolution by making critical decisions that may impact multiple clients’ processing.
• Proactively investigates known and unknown error conditions and follows prescribed error correction procedures when they apply.
• Maintains peak performance at full capacity for all systems.
• Follows new/improved work procedures where appropriate, tests and implements program and/or systems changes, responds to processing problems and exercises sound judgment to make client impacting processing adjustments.
• Recognizes abnormal processing conditions and makes appropriate response decisions.
• Follows escalation procedures when appropriate to resolve errors in a timely manner.
• Makes use of available documentation to resolve errors and identifies/implements documentation gaps.
• Recognizes and implements/automates process enhancements.
• Monitors and responds accordingly to an array of system and application generated messages.
• Responds in a timely manner to questions and requests from incoming calls and incident tickets.
• Proactively maintains contact with clients and serves as client advocate to internal organizations.
• Analyzes problems/trends with client systems and applications and takes steps to avoid recurrence.
• Works on internal and external projects of various sizes, complexity.
• Contributes to existing and develops new solution approaches to the IT environment.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
• Experience in IT industry
• Knowledge in mainframe and/or open systems operating systems
• Highly trainable and has willingness to learn the processes and new skills
• Flexibility and adaptability in a working environment
• Good attention to details critical thinking skills
• Good communications skills
• Ability to effectively use production control tools and resources encompassing mainframe, open system processing, processor link/Connex software, POS and Kiosk environments
What we offer you:
• Competitive salary and attractive benefits
• A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
• A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests