Principal Solution Consultant (Merchant/E-Commerce)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The PrincipalSolution Consultantplays a key role in augmentingsales opportunities through understanding and addressing customer’s keychallenges, andleveraging ACI solutionsand technology.This role ensures that our customers and prospects maximize theirlong termrelationship withACI, andis critical in conveyingthe needs and opportunities in the marketplace to the Market Product Managers as we develop our solutionproduct strategies and roadmaps.Working with the Market Product Managers and Product Marketing, thePrincipalSolution Consultant willhelpdefine the key value propositions for the targeted market segments.This role will work closely with the sales organization and third partypartners, andapply the market segment value propositions in the development of account plans, value propositions, andlong termsolution adoption strategies for ACI’s customers and prospects.
The role requires in-depth industry business insight, an understanding of thestrategic and long term approach ACI’s customers should execute when using our solutions, a strong graspof how ACI’s solutions can add real value for our customers,and an ability towork directly with newcustomers.
- Sales and Implementation
- Participates as strategic product representative in end-to-end sales processand contributes to the development of specific opportunities.
- Defines value propositions and long term solution strategies for specific opportunities to assist Sales in progressing deals in line with strategic sales plans.
- Successfully defines and obtains agreement regarding customer requirements.
- Identifies business development opportunities through scoping customer and external industry engagements.
- Identifies and provides advice and business consultancy to prospects/customers on solution design options,and impacts of modifications on the existing system.
- Ensures that all client business objectives are met as identified through the sales process and planned for in the implementation process.
- Builds presentations, proposals,and papers designed to assist in the sales of product solutions.
- Collaboratively works with other solution consultants, account representatives, customer managers, project managers, and the executive leadership team.
- Competent in discussing value of outside market segment products and value propositions.
- Works on complex accounts and tier 1 accounts.
- Mentors of less senior Solution Consultants.
- Takes a leadership role on the Solution Consulting team on Learning and Development
- Creates and executes against an individual development plan with management support.
- Strives for more competency development.
- Desires and capitalizes on continual development in the workplace within their industry discipline.
- Contributes market perspective to development of solution/product roadmap and identifies and produces key value propositions (use cases) in their segment.
- Supports Market Product Managers and Product Marketing in defining the unique differentiators for ACI solutions in the marketplace and development of the value map.
- Maintains value proposition tool, algorithms, and KPI’s, andupdates ROI calculators by working with the Account Executive for their specific accounts.
- Clearly indicates expertise through effective communication and strong business acumen.
- Organizes and expresses business value and overcomes customer objections.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Understand and adhere to all corporate policies to include but not limited to the ACI Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Knowledge, Skills and Experiencerequired for the job:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years as “Subject Matter Expert” in specific market segment
- 12-15 years of experience in relevant industry sector; merchant and/or e-commerce preferred
- 5-10 years consultative sales experience
- Knowledge of multiple industry products and applications preferred
- Understands how technology impacts business
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong problem solving and critical thinkingskills
- Ability to perform needs analysis & ROI analysis highlypreferred
- Ability to self-motivate andwork independently with little supervision
- Works effectively in team environment
- Ability to use a personal computer with proficient skills in business applications such as Microsoft Office
Your application has been successfully submitted.