Lead Research Data Scientist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are Zip, a rapidly expanding global fintech headquartered out of Sydney, Australia with a growing presence focused in the US and UK markets.
We're here to simplify how the world pays for what they need by connecting merchants with consumers and offering them fair and seamless payment solutions, everywhere.
Our values: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game, are at the heart of everything we do. They form our Mamba mentality - how we’re better than yesterday, and are used to create game-changing experiences for our customers and our people.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
In this role you will:
- Setup the research data science practice,
Utilise mathematical, statistical and machine learning techniques to solve business problems, explore new opportunities and generate insights from data;
- Engage closely with internal stakeholders to probe business processes in order to identify areas for improvements and translate requirements into analytical problems,
- Leverage business and data knowledge to proactively pitch and discuss new ideas for generating data-driven insights with stakeholders and team members
- Proactively identify new data sources that can be used in risk strategies and develop programs to access, transform, and prepare large-scale structured and unstructured data for statistical modelling and machine learning,
- Identify and diagnose data inconsistencies, act as Risk data steward,
- Conduct on-going data and model monitoring,
- Prepare and deliver insightful presentations and action recommendations; communicate complex analytical findings and implications to business stakeholders,
- Provide statistical consultation services and serve as the analytics expert on cross functional teams for large strategic initiatives; contribute to the growth of the Zip Consumer and SMB business
This role will require expertise in the following analytics skill
- Statistical Modelling
- Machine Learning
- Data Management
- Story Presentation
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- Phd or Master’s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Actuarial Studies, Data Science, Computer Science, or any other related quantitative field
- 8+ years’ of experience in data science and analytics
- Experience of machine learning process, including Natural Language Processing techniques, advanced data processing skills using SQL
- Strong in ML modelling using Python or R or both, experience of both supervised and unsupervised modelling.
- Experience of creating reports and dashboards in data visualisation packages such as Tableau, Power BI will be a bonus.
- Experience of end-to-end machine learning model development and deployment using Spark, scikit-learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow or similar tools.
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.