Senior Business Analyst, Enterprise Payments
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team/Role:
Represents a key member of the scrum/development team specialising in payments solutions. Responsible for gathering requirements, requirement elicitation, grooming user stories, prepare BA artefacts and system verifications. It is also the responsibility of the Senior BA to guide the development team through the requirements to make sure implementation is in-line with the client requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Active engagement with clients/product owner to gather business requirements.
- Groom the product backlog and work with the client/PO to elaborate requirements.
- Engage with the scrum development team on a regular basis to ensure that the requirements are well understood by the team.
- Responsible for ensuring that the business feature developed is in-line with client expectation.
- Provide subject matter expertise in domains such as real-time payments, ISO 20022 messages, SWIFT MT/MX, accounting, and reconciliations etc.
- Act as first level of contact for the development team to provide any requirement clarification and assist in making rightful decisions providing functional guidance and mentorship to the technical team.
- Conducting requirement gathering workshops, brain-storming sessions, functional and non-functional requirement analysis sessions, system verification and training.
- Prepare analysis artefacts such as use cases, data modelling, interface specifications etc.
- Perform impact assessment for client requested changes.
What you bring:
- Solid experience working as a Business Analyst within a payments technology environment
- In-depth domain knowledge of payments (real time payments, international payments).
- Knowledge of financial services industry (NPP, RTGS, SWIFT).
- Knowledge of standard financial messaging protocols (ISO20022, SWIFT MT/MX).
- Experience working with distributed development team.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of software development processes and principles
- Extensive knowledge of Business Analysis standards, processes, procedures and guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or other related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
A bonus if you have:
- Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) certification or similar
- Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner, Scrum Developer certification or similar
- Knowledge of FIS products such as OPF
- Knowledge of tools such as Enterprise Architect, JIRA
- Knowledge of SQL, XML, REST
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests