This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who are we?
MYOB is a tech company that exists to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. To enable this, we are dedicated to creating an exceptional, flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we'd love you to come and add to it, and make it even better!
We are searching for a forward-thinking Principal Developer to drive the development of MYOB's customer-facing website experiences. You will work with various modern platforms and technologies to deliver intuitive experiences using your knowledge to:
- Lead, mentor and empower the team to define, refine and incrementally move to a technical vision whilst delivering great customer experiences.
- Lead collaboration with technical and non-technical leaders to deliver and evolve the vision.
- Support breaking business problems into small initiatives to deliver value to customers incrementally whilst taking steps to the vision.
- Craft journeys to help prospective customers trial our products or generate sales leads.
- Engineer powerful search capabilities to provide relevant and smart support results to our customers.
- Build platform capabilities to help deliver customer outcomes sooner.
- Use technology to make the distribution of content efficient and enable personalised experiences.
- Experiment using A/B/n or multi-variant testing to validate ideas and facilitate continues improvement to the MYOB experience.
- Provide self-service tools for customers to manage their relationship with MYOB.
What you’ll bring
- Technical leadership and the ability to communicate ideas, processes, concepts and practices clearly.
- Mentoring skills that enable you to coach and improve technical, analytical and collaborative skills.
- An ability to deliver well-designed, high quality and robust solutions.
- Pragmatism to balance short term delivery focus with longer-term objectives.
- Proficient with back-end languages (Node.js or Java preferred) and front-end frameworks (React preferred).
- A technical leader that encourages and enables a culture of sustained technical excellence within our company.
- A growth mentality and the dedication to continuously improve personal and team processes, practices and performance.
- A focus on fast feedback, evolving design and task automation.
- Contributions to the team culture, the ways of working, and the outcomes we achieve together.
- Drive the practice of leading-edge engineering techniques such as DevSecOps, continuous deployment and progressive delivery on cloud-native solutions.
Be part of the Website and Content domain, who is responsible for the front-door customer experience through to the relationship management experience. Our teams follow Agile practices, with a passion for solving customer problems.
Work with our multi-functional and diverse team, who encourage collaboration, learning and for everyone to have a voice and take ownership of the work.
We are currently redefining our services, giving opportunities to help team members influence our strategic direction. If you are a passionate person that wants to make a difference then there is an opportunity to grow in our team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more