Director, Product Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Product ManagementWho is Mastercard
What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems. We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society. Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge technology and consulting services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Mastercard’s Loyalty & Engagement products and services are leveraged by merchants and financial services clients across the globe to maximize the value of their customer relationships.
Mastercard is a global powerhouse in customer loyalty with over 900 loyalty professionals globally operating hundreds of rewards programs for the world’s largest brands. Our Loyalty Solutions include innovative technologies such as SessionM, Mastercard Rewards Services, Personalized Card Linked Offers, Pay with Rewards, Promotions, and Benefits and Insurances. By bundling these solutions with Loyalty Consulting, Innovation Services, Test & Learn, and Managed Services we provide unparalleled end to end capabilities to customers across Financial Services, Retail, Consumer Goods, Grocery and Convenience, Travel & Hospitality and Telco segments.
This role is responsible for driving execution of commercialized products within local markets/division. Provide knowledge of local markets, regulators and developing go-to-market plans and identify new revenue or business development opportunities. Partnering with IMK, Services leads, Customer Delivery and Marketing at a senior level to execute product strategies.
• The LS team provides product management, relationship management and business development functions for Merchants and all Issuers accounts across MCLS.
• The LS team is the face of all MCLS products and services. As such they are responsible for taking existing products to the market as solutions, as well as providing regional and global product teams with feedback from the market in terms of sizing the market opportunity and how products are perceived by existing or potential customers.
• Relationship Management and support for a range of Merchants and Issuers where the customer is rapidly expanding, identifying new business opportunities and managing growth of profitable revenue streams through the implementation of newly developed strategic and tactical plans.
• The role combines people management, product and new business development with multi-program management and the role holder will have a wide remit in terms of both opportunity identification and execution. The role holder will need to have personal ambition and drive and be able to work independently from close supervision to skillfully manage all components of the business.
• Partners with Sales & Service distribution team to identify and deliver on new business opportunities
• Provision of original thought to resolve issues and create new loyalty business opportunities
• Ability to think strategically and develop both short and long term strategy for continuous growth and development and translating this into tangible annual roadmaps, priorities and tactical initiatives
• Delivering financial results against set objectives for the HMTK division
• Responsible for the P&L for Loyalty Solutions HMTK Division
• Development of account management plans that protect existing revenue and drive growth
• Liaise with regional and country teams to align LS capabilities with regional and divisional priorities.
• Develop the business plan and strategy for the expansion of Loyalty Solutions Services in HMTK and ensure Division President & Country Manager alignment
• Drive, develop and mentor the product, merchant, issuer and program management teams to deliver against the business plan
• Oversee implementation and development of new LS product & platform launches in the division
• Identify partnership opportunities and strategic partners to build a growing base of Mastercard related assets focused on customer-led product constructs.
• Setting direction for go-to-market plans and leveraging market insights to differentiate from competitors
• Leverages In-Market expertise to lead In-Market product strategy, product roadmaps and priorities and cross-product integration
• Partners with Sales and Service to identify and deliver on new business opportunities
• Partners with Customer Delivery and Marketing at senior levels to define and drive execution of go-to-market strategies
• Acts as an expert, advocate and champion for designated products to internal and external stakeholders
• Advises and supports sales by recommending and influencing In-Market product pricing, and oversees the development of training and other product support materials for a region
• Identifies, evaluates and prioritizes business cases for new business and product opportunities, and builds business models to improve Mastercard's footprint and competitiveness at a Divisional and market level
All About You
• Led complex, international, cross-functional projects or committees
• Has worked in or has had exposure to international matrix organizations with dual reporting line
• Extensive success building relationships with global multi-cultural teams and leading remote teams
• Proven ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at the global/regional or local level
• Adapted global best practices into local market to achieve improved business results
• Overseas assignment/work in multiple countries/regions is a plus, but not required
• Deep understanding of issuers and merchants business needs and ability to pro-actively address these needs with loyalty solutions.
• Background in consumer banking or selling to consumer banking clients, ideally in cards business, therefore having knowledge of the payments and card industry.
• Leading and managing through change
• Experience in loyalty industry and partnerships especially managing benefits programs (such as concierge, assistance, insurance) an advantage.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities