Senior Vice President, Advisors, Asia Pacific
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Vice President, Advisors, Asia PacificThe Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
Within the Data & Services organization, the Advisors Delivery organization is responsible for delivering our various products and solutions to customers. Advisors Delivery is charged with combining professional problem-solving skills with deep segment and functional expertise to address the challenges and opportunities of its customers, enhance Mastercard's strategic and tactical performance and establish Mastercard's global thought-leadership preeminence.
The Advisors Delivery Lead for the Asia Pacific ‘time zone’ will own the delivery of our comprehensive product portfolio (consulting projects, data platform solutions, marketing campaigns, and bespoke analytics) to customers to ensure they generate an outsized impact, while also differentiating and driving revenue for Mastercard. This role is also responsible for building, developing, and leading large-scale, multi-disciplinary teams in multiple offices including Shanghai, Beijing, Taipei, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Seoul, and more. These teams may be staffed to customer projects both within the ‘time zone’ as well as in other markets around the world, as Advisors Delivery operates as one globally-integrated unit.
• Leads team of cluster leads, squad leads and consultants to deliver D&S products to our customers via best-in-class engagements
• Leads ‘from the front’ with a focus on developing a strong bench of talent, upholding the highest levels of integrity and commitment to driving results both for customers and for Mastercard
• Inculcates a ‘one team’ culture with a zeal for collaborating across product areas and skill types
• Works with Sales, Product Management and Segment leads to scope bespoke engagements and supports ‘solutioning’ across products; identifies opportunities to convert bespoke engagements into repeatable configured solutions and to automate to the extent possible
• Takes direct, active role in complex and high-profile customer engagements particularly in areas where the candidate brings his or her own domain expertise
• Oversees and takes ownership of the quality of work delivered as well as customer satisfaction and recognition of value received for the money paid
• Leans in directly to course correct when there are issues with customer engagements
• Takes a direct role, and spurs the Advisors Delivery team, in actively expanding customer relationships through cross-selling, up-selling, pilot conversion of rollouts and extension from periodic project to ongoing platform license
• Spearheads cross-training of team at all levels in different products and solutions, based on local market needs
• Coordinates specialist affinity groups to extend knowledge in multiple disciplines (e.g. ‘test-and-learn’ business experimentation, cybersecurity, credit risk management)
• Creates a fun and inclusive workplace where team members can flourish professionally and personally
• Instills pride and sense of belonging in the firm, resulting in high employee experience survey scores
• Has a special focus on bringing up early-career professionals, working closely with a dedicated global team focusing on early-career talent development
• Builds a reputation for Mastercard Data & Services such that it becomes a destination of choice for top talent, whether as interns, college or MBA recruits, or lateral external hires
• Continuously drives efficiencies and balances delivery using staff based in local offices with work undertaken remotely in global Centers of Excellence and/or utilizing staff from designated regional delivery hubs
• Ensures that staffing requirements, tools, training and the business environment are conducive to successfully achieving market objectives, while simultaneously allowing for growth and development of talent
All About You
• Previous top consulting, analytics, direct marketing, or other professional services background strongly preferred
• Project-oriented team leadership and talent deployment and development
• An inspirational leader with a proven track record of motivating teams – both under direct supervision and with cross-functional, cross-departmental teams
• A master organizer with excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, project management, and matrix-management skills
• Strong commercial acumen and customer-oriented mindset
• Ability to interact and coordinate effectively with internal and external partners
• Ability to effectively lead and manage multi-disciplinary teams of varying skill sets and career levels
• Ability to initiate and effectively lead change efforts
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities