Senior Business Development Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the job
As eftpos moves forward into a time of transformation and growth we are looking for a highly experienced Business Development Manager. This role identifies new partnership opportunities for Beem It and proactively manages the sales pipeline from the initial sales pitch to contract to sign. You will as well help drive alignment within eftpos in supporting Beem It initiatives.
Outcomes and Accountabilities
- Responsible for day-to-day Beem It relationship. Lead the signing of new Beem It partnerships and manage the planning of the ongoing sales pipeline
- Drive alignment within eftpos on shared services and commercialisation initiatives.
- Support the development of a Commercialisation Plan that leads to increased scale, customer engagement, and revenue.
- Develop value story material for consumer, merchant, bank, and partnership discussions.
- Ensure contract deliverables are met.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with existing customers and those in the pipeline to facilitate the development and execution of tailored CVP’s for each customer.
- Customer interaction is extensive, involving influencing and negotiation with C-level decision-makers across a wide range of categories, including Retail, Travel, Entertainment, and Government Services.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- On day one, we will expect you to have experience in most of the following Commercial leadership experience
- Experience in new business development in a highly competitive sector
- Proven ability to develop effective relationships across multiple levels of customer organisations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience in selling digital products and services
- Exceptional negotiation skills (commercial and contractual)
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team
Ideally, you will also have experience in some of the following:
- Five years of proven track record in business sales (ideally financial services)
- Excellent organisational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical analysis software
- Technical skills required to understand and propose products or solutions by focusing on merchant/retailer requirements
Personal Attributes (Competencies):
Customer focus: Maintains service delivery standards. Follows through on requests and inquiries in a timely and effective manner.
Value diversity: Open to inputs from others. Appreciates and understands the views of others
One team: Demonstrates initiative to build rapport and connection with stakeholders online and face to face. Provides assistance, information, and support to others.
Adaptability and continuous improvement: Adapts working style to different situations. Flexible and responsive to new approaches and changing work priorities.
Effective communication: Presents information that is clear and easy to understand.
Delivering value: Effectively prioritises urgent and important tasks to meet deadlines. Will seek advice when priorities conflict. Completes assigned tasks within expectations.
Leader – personal and team: Aware of areas for personal improvement and seeks opportunities to build skills. Takes accountability for completing work tasks effectively. Demonstrates commitment to organisational values. Takes the lead, as required, to achieve outcomes.
Problem-solving and decision making: Uses initiative and acts to resolve issues. Escalates issues and problems
Strategic thinking: Knows what is expected of own role and how this contributes to the objectives of the team/business unit
At eftpos, everyone is responsible for managing risks
Every eftpos team member holds responsibility for managing risk, be it financial, safety, or otherwise. This includes proactively identifying and assessing risks, identifying key controls and emerging risks, ensuring compliance with relevant legislative, regulatory, and policy requirements, and reporting risk in an appropriate way in a timely manner.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Australia's own debit payments system