Senior Marketing Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
What you will do
The marketers within the Partner Success teams are responsible for achieving the best marketing outcomes in partnership with our strategic merchant partners. The successful candidate will possess the ability to combine creativity and business acumen in order to elevate Klarna’s brand through our key partners; driving increased transaction volumes, stretching spends and growing customer acquisition in partnership with strategic merchant partners.
The role requires a deep understanding of the Klarna brand, our payment options and shoppers in order to develop the right marketing messages and campaigns to accelerate Klarna use at the retail checkout. The successful candidate will work closely with other Klarna marketing and commercial team members globally.
In this role, you will
- Develop strategic marketing campaigns and initiatives leveraging both Klarna-owned and Merchant-owned channels, as well as third-party paid media, events and PR to optimise effectiveness and deliver against Klarna’s commercial partnership objectives.
- Work directly with Klarna-integrated merchants and strategic prospects to design and execute marketing plans. This includes creating and deploying co-branded assets across the full shopper journey from driving traffic, to acquisition and conversion - including upstream messaging, online and instore environments.
- Work directly with, and manage, internal and external creative and media agencies to deliver campaign outputs.
- Create and use best-practices and tools for internal use to educate on co-marketing projects throughout the business.
- Coordinate internal teams across countries to execute marketing plans, including email, app, social, and other owned marketing channels.
- Provide marketing expertise and support to merchants on how to best use and message Klarna in their own channels to amplify sales.
- Manage co-marketing budgets to ensure Klarna funds are invested appropriately and support mutually beneficial campaigns that drive use of Klarna payment methods with a measurable ROI.
- Work closely with analysts and others to report back regularly to the wider merchant success team and the merchant on performance of co-marketing activities.
- 5 years experience working in retail marketing, eCommerce marketing or partnerships and business development.
- Great communication and analytics skills, and can work both independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated experience in managing commercial or marketing partnerships, including performance management and/or account-based servicing.
- Experience in growth marketing, digital marketing and brand marketing.
- Experience collaborating and executing on events and/or influencer and experiential marketing.
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Top tier health insurance with all the extras for you and any dependants/defacto you may have!
- Life and income protection insurance
- $500 annual health and wellness allowance
- On Thursday lunch is on us - We love a good catered lunch!
- Weekly and monthly office celebrations
- Secondments - AKA The chance to work in one of our offices in EU or the US - once the borders reopen of course!
- Personal and professional development and training
- Flexible working arrangements - Monday, Wednesday and Friday work from anywhere :)
Your application has been successfully submitted.