Manager, Japan Account Management eCommerce Zone Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square's global Account Management team works with existing high value Square sellers to further grow their businesses using Square's powerful ecosystem of products. Our Account Managers partner with Sales, Product and Marketing teams to understand our existing sellers, meet their needs and grow their businesses with Square solutions. We are looking for a people manager based in the Tokyo metropolitan area to lead our growing Account Management team in Japan. You will report to the Head of International Account Management in New York, and can work from home, in our Tokyo office or a combination of both.
As a people manager with sales experience (specifically upselling and cross-selling existing customers), you will build an Account Management team that generates success for our sellers and Square. You will partner with local and global Square leadership and operational teams to co-develop processes, tools, systems, and metrics to ensure excellence at scale in Japan. You will also manage high impact projects for the Account Management team internationally.
- Plan, organise, and lead revenue generating Account Managers (>10) in Japan
- Grow a team of successful and seller-focused Account Managers
- Represent the Japan market globally and act as Account Management contact for Square leadership and partners
- Share team progress, product insights, and seller insights across Square
- Develop creative ways to motivate your team to exceed targets (revenue outputs, inputs, customer satisfaction, and operational goals)
- Engage with product teams to be the customer voice, driving SaaS and product sales and collecting insights on product improvement
- Promote the Account Management team's growth internationally especially within the small to medium size business segment
- People management experience, with experience hiring and developing team members
- Sales experience (specifically upselling and cross-selling existing customers) in a metrics-driven, high-growth sales organisation
- Ability to work with internal Square teams and departments at all levels
- A passion for small business and a desire to help Square Sellers in Japan
- Experience in high transaction volume SaaS application or financial services sales
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- The ability to work with Japan-based customers in Japanese (writing and phone), and global Square colleagues in English (reading, writing and video meetings
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.