Brand Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We're looking for a strategic and creative Brand Marketing Manager to join the Square Japan team. You'll manage brand awareness, partnership marketing and experiential programs to achieve Square's brand and product awareness goals. You will build a strategic vision, set the agenda and ensure strength of plans to achieve short-term and long-term results and manage campaigns using owned, earned and paid channels (film, digital, editorial, social, web, events and sponsorships). You'll partner with Creative and other teams to provide go-to-market plans tailored to the Japan market, analyze and optimize campaign performance and introduce new go-to-market tactics. You will report to the Head of Marketing, Japan and will be based in our Tokyo office, work from home, or a mix of both.
- Oversee Square Japan's brand awareness projects and goals, including brand strategy, insights and marketing programs working with the Square US Global Brand team.
- Analyze and report on the brand competitive landscape in the Japan market.
- Develop understanding of customer mindsets, attitudes and behaviors and translate those insights into marketing strategies.
- Partner with external stakeholders to align the direction, negotiate and execute co-marketing initiatives to drive our metrics and objectives.
- Work with the creative team to determine briefs and act as the primary partner in reviewing creative concepts and assets to meet marketing goals.
- Work with Product Marketing, Creative and other Channel Marketing Teams to build the brand and deepen customer engagement.
- Manage Square Japan's Brand Marketing budget, including oversight of existing spend, business cases for incremental spend and reporting on the impact of investment.
- Oversee the relationships Square has with media agencies and other partners.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent practical experience
- Deep experience in brand building, awareness, partnership management, content and social marketing
- The ability to work with Japan-based customers in Japanese (writing and phone), and global Square colleagues in English (reading, writing and video meetings)
- Hands-on experience working in Brand awareness and Partnership marketing in Japan
- Media planning experience across the media mix (OOH, television, digital, events)
- Creative development experience, and have developed videos, images and other assets with Internal creative team members and external agencies
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of development
- Solid strategic, communication, and execution skills with strong business judgment
- Experience building and managing relationships with business leaders at all levels, with internal colleagues and external partners
- Comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about Marketing, Small Business and FinTech
- A passion for Square and desire to help customers
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.