Acquisition Marketing Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Square Japan team is looking for an Acquisition Marketing Associate to join our marketing effort in Japan. Our customers in Japan are business owners working to make their dreams come true, and you will help these businesses grow. Someone who finds joy in exploring new ways of helping the small business community in Japan, you will manage end-to-end acquisition marketing strategy to generate new demand and introduce new acquiring methods alongside existing ones. You have experience working across a range of marketing disciplines such as online marketing, lead generation, seasonal promotion, SEO, organic enhancement and Lifetime Value/Return on Investment analysis.
You will report to the Acquisition Marketing Manager in Japan and partner with other local Japan Marketing team members. Passionate about customer acquisition and campaign optimization, you will relish finding new and better ways of working, and manage campaigns across a variety of paid and organic channels including Google search and Facebook advertising to support our core payments business and SaaS products. This role can be based in our Tokyo office, work from home, or a mixture of both.
- Manage customer acquisition projects across channels such as search, display and social to promote Square Japan's business growth.
- Work with Square team members and external partners and agencies to lead projects to achieve quarterly and annual goals.
- Develop integrated marketing strategies working with existing methodologies and utilising online channels, promotional offers, social and web/creative refreshes.
- Improve marketing efficiency by data-driven optimization including landing page optimization and creative A/B testing.
- Analyze effectiveness of projects by monitoring and reporting on goals such as cost per action, return on investment and user attribution.
- Use metrics to guide your strategy.
- Identify market opportunities by understanding target segments, Square's value propositions and unmet needs.
- Work with global and local Japan teams including Marketing and Finance teams on acquisition marketing projects.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience driving acquisition and online marketing activities in Japan.
- Knowledge of analytics, A/B Testing, and metrics-driven performance marketing.
- The ability to work with Japan-based customers in Japanese (writing and phone), and global Square colleagues in English (reading, writing and video meetings).
- Experience generating new ideas.
- Experience building relationships with business leaders at all levels, with internal colleagues and external partners.
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about Marketing, Small Business and FinTech.
- A passion for Square and desire to help customers.
- Data analytics skills (e.g. SQL).
- Experience working in a global company in IT or FinTech industry.
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.