Business Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square is looking for a motivated Business Development professional to join our Japan Sales organisation, reporting to the Head of Sales. From point of sale to eCommerce, there are Square solutions for almost anything. Our eCommerce tools can help merchants sell online and offer curbside pickup or delivery. We help merchants accept all types of payments everywhere they sell - from processing credit and debit cards on their phones, to building custom solutions on our payment platform. Our Point of Sale app helps merchants sell smarter with real-time sales data and intuitive inventory tools, and the ability to customise the app as their businesses grow. Whether merchants want a website, to integrate payments on their existing site, or to work with top eCommerce platforms, Square makes it simple to sell online. Square hardware solutions Reader, Stand and Terminal allow merchants to ring up items quickly in their store and on the go.
As Business Development Representative you will identify prospective Square sellers and promote the value of Square in helping them grow their business. You will work with the Japan Sales team to find new large value merchants fitting the Square ecosystem, and with global Square team-mates on wider projects. Often the first line of contact with prospective Japan Square merchants, you will understand and empathise with their diverse needs and focus on how Square could best support them. You will become an expert in the Square product ecosystem, and will document and track qualified opportunities to pass onto our Account Executive team. You will use multi-channel outreach (social media, outreach emails, phone calls) to merchants in Japan each day, applying a data-driven approach to outbound sales.
- Maintain current knowledge of the global Square product ecosystem and how this may help Japan merchants to further grow their businesses
- Create a great first impression for prospective Square merchants by using storytelling, case studies and other materials to inspire them about how Square could benefit their businesses
- Research and prospect merchants across Japan that may be a good fit for Square, and understand how to handle objections you may encounter
- Use multi-channel outreach methods (social media, outreach emails, phone calls) to qualify leads and schedule meetings between merchants and members of our Account Executive team
- Represent Square and our product ecosystem in the Japan market
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
- Partner with the Australian Account Executive team to gain exposure to the sales cycle and further develop your sales experience, and learn and maintain current understanding of Australian and global Square sales processes
- Attain (and ideally exceed) your business development goals
- Maintain accurate sales data and documentation by using tools including Salesforce
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.