Senior DevOps Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who are we?
MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and disrupting conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where you can be yourself. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better!
You will join a centralised DevOps platform team, who build and support MYOB's cloud platform, primarily AWS, as well as our development tooling. The team’s mission is to enable MYOB’s development teams to deliver products to market faster, securely and with high reliability. They achieve this through providing cloud expertise and mentoring, access to and control of our blessed tooling, and building services and automation to better help the efficiency of MYOB developers.
As a Senior member of the team, you will:
- Identify new initiatives through consultation with development teams across the company, evaluating patterns and best-practices, prioritising by the greatest need and highest impact;
- Lead initiatives, run experiments, break the work down into chunks, iterate using feedback from key development teams;
- Drive adoption of our services and tooling through the developer community with workshops, training and consultation;
- Seek opportunities to automate our own services and processes;
- Support, teach, and mentor your team in cloud and build engineering ideals, helping them tackle their trickiest problems;
- Develop relationships with our chosen vendors to understand how we can get the most out of their tooling and increase our ability to automate;
- Support and maintain the tools within our platform;
We are passionate about making a difference to our developers, continually improving our clients experiences using our products, by providing a simple, but comprehensive service offering
If you are excited by the idea of being part of a team dedicated to championing continuous improvement and want to join us on our journey, we would love to hear from you.
What we would love you to bring:
- A DevOps “Build it, run it” mentality with an understanding of both development and operations.
- Proven track record as a DevOps engineer with extensive experience.
- Solid understanding of SDLC principles and methodologies including Agile, Lean, Kanban, Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
- Comfortable with a range of software development languages, scripting languages and tools such as but not limited to Go, Bash, or C#.
- Proficient in one of the key public cloud offerings, ideally AWS.
- Linux, containerisation (Docker) and Infrastructure as Code skills;
- Experience using a modern CI/CD tooling suite;
- Passion for mentoring, pairing, and sharing knowledge with fellow developers to uplift development practises;
- Ability to effectively multitask and context switch;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Driven to learn and improve.
What makes this role exciting?
- Be part of a fast paced environment in a hardworking, collaborative team that has customer at the centre of everything;
- Work on state-of-the-art technologies and use the best engineering practices (Microservices, DevOps, Continuous Delivery);
- We lead with experimentation with fast feedback loops;
- You would attend conferences of your choice, do in-house training and learn from the leaders around you;
- MYOB has a great, flexible working Culture!
- Opportunity to progress and grow your career in a diverse and inclusive environment.
If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued and your ideas can make a difference, you should work at MYOB.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more