Merchant Onboarding Team Leader
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Merchant Onboarding Team Leader, you’ll lead a team of Onboarding specialists to provide an effortless experience for Merchants who want to join the Afterpay network. Specifically, the team is responsible for assessing, vetting eligibility and account set up of new Merchants.
You will work closely with the Sales team, the Anti-Money Laundering & Compliance team, the Risk team and the Operations teams to ensure the Onboarding process is a seamless and effortless experience for new Merchants, whilst managing and balancing the needs of the cross-functional stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director of Fraud and Merchant Operations you will form part of the global Merchant Onboarding team, and will be responsible for leading a team of up to 13 Onboarding specialists.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Driving strategies to ensure internal and external stakeholders are supported
- Manage and monitor workflow, incoming requests and queue management and SLA’s
- Coach and develop skills in your team to get the best outcome for Merchants and the business, including uplifting investigative capability, Service Excellence skills and communication
- Balance competing requirements of Sales, Compliance, Risk and Operations
- Implement a scalable and globally consistent approach to Onboarding with your leadership team
- Provide insights and recommendations on process and policy improvements
- Highlight vulnerabilities, and identify areas for improvement in Risk Management or Anti-Money Laundering compliance.
- Support and be involved with the creation and implementation of projects and strategies
- Develop and support an efficient and responsive team
- Train new team members and provide performance management for developing employees
- Cross train & upskill team members to assist with Level 1/ Level 2 escalations and support other operations business units to achieve overall goals & objectives
- Manage and resolve escalated issues, suspicious activity, exception report monitoring, and other compliance assignments
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
To be the successful candidate for this role, you will have:
- Previous experience as a team leader or leadership/supervision role in an Operations environment
- A background in Retail, Payments, eCommerce, Marketplace, and/or relevant Merchant Operations processes
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation and demonstrated ability to work within risk management frameworks, including AML, financial crime and internal policy.
- Proven delivery of performance against targets
- Self-driven team player, and a logical thinker that likes to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong time management skills
- You will possess the ability to effectively manage performance and coach team members in order to maximise performance and ensure great service is delivered by working side by side with your team members.
- Strong customer service experience
- A passion to mentor, motivate, encourage and celebrate positive individual and team results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and the tenacity to seek a solution to a problem
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shop now. Pay later. Always interest-free.