This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia’s fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Reporting functionally to the Compliance Director and deputising as MLRO when required, this role will seek to advance the Airwallex compliance agenda. You will play an influential role in our growth story. This role is based in Tokyo, Japan where you will be responsible for supporting the development, launch and management of both local and global key compliance programs whilst adding value to future compliance initiatives.
- Develop and maintain the compliance framework of Airwallex in Japan building on the Airwallex global compliance framework
- Consistently support and oversee KYC and due diligence processes together with the Compliance operations team
- Communicate applicable risks, costs, progress, and results to all relevant internal and external partners as well as regulators
- Analyse high-volume data to investigate, identify and report trends linked to AML typologies and compliance to leadership
- Investigate, identify and develop triggers, rules and algorithms for transaction monitoring
- Design and execute reports to measure success and performance of initiatives
- Drive internal controls design and monitoring to support Compliance Operational policy and procedures
- Assist with the development of compliance programs for the products of Airwallex
- Partner with Compliance operations, Legal, Engineering, Product, Strategy, and Business Development to achieve results for team and the global Compliance department
- Continually identify, redefine and execute solutions for KYC, screening and TM needs across systems, teams, policies and processes
- Designs and execute reports to measure success and performance of AML Compliance initiatives, program, operations, critical metrics and Key Risk Indicators
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and cutting-edge developments
- 7+ years of FCC related compliance experience
- Experience in FinTech, ecommerce, RegTech, compliance consulting, accounting or financial services
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree
- Familiarity with AML and CTF regulations globally and locally, such as “Payment Services Act”, Forex Act, Crime Act. (i.e. 資金決済法、外為法、国調法、犯収法)
- Certification in compliance related area (ICA or CAMS)
- Knowledge in core AML products, money laundering and terrorism typology, segmentation, scenarios, models, methodology, and AML tools
- Experience with Transaction Monitoring, Screening, Financial Investigations or similar discipline
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and handle challenging priorities under demanding deadlines
- Ability to understand larger picture and environment while operating in focused manner
- Outstanding time management, presentation, and relationship building skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime