Engineering Manager - Financial Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who are we?
MYOB is a business platform. Our purpose is to help more businesses in Australia and New Zealand start, survive and succeed. Our team is continually growing, inventing and challenging conventions. To make all this happen, we are dedicated in creating an exceptional flexible employee experience for all team members and offer a culture where we can be ourselves. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to come and add to it, and make it even better!
As an Engineering Manager you'll play a critical role as a technology leader across multiple delivery teams working on a common domain. You'll provide leadership, coaching and support to delivery teams to balance technology, delivery, and product outcomes in alignment with MYOB objectives. Working with other leaders within your domain, you not only support teams in defining and delivering their product and technology roadmaps, you ensure teams have a clear and sustainable system of work in place.
As a leader with deep technical skills, you'll help teams to design solutions, deliver changes incrementally and to drive continuous improvement efforts to ensure that we can "build and run" our software in a balanced & sustainable way. Leading through alignment to a common objective and empowering your teams to make decisions for themselves, you'll also play a meaningful role as a People Leader, coaching and mentoring team members towards high performance.
In this role you'll:
• Provide technical leadership to ensure the products we build are delivered successfully into market while setting us up for ongoing evolution and scale
• Use key delivery and operational metrics to identify & drive opportunities for improvement
• Work with product managers & delivery managers to define and decompose product roadmaps. Ensure the roadmap development includes key technical aspects which continuously improve our ability to run and operate our products
• Work within your domain, and across a vertical, to drive the strategy of our products & architecture forward
• Ensure security and compliance obligations are met for technology owned by the domain.
• What we'd love to see you bring:
• In-depth experience in implementing high performance development capabilities
• Experience working in complex system architectures
• Experience implementing continuous delivery, agile and lean practices with delivery teams
• Demonstrated experience in driving continual improvement of the Product Development lifecycle, ensuring there is strong alignment to business outcomes
• You love what you do and your passion is shown in your leadership and delivery.
• What else do you need to know
• We simplify, we collaborate, we find new ways to innovate, we set challenging goals, and we smash them. We always look to have an impact in what we do.
You will be part of a high performing, collaborative team who take their work seriously but not themselves. We believe that ongoing learning is important for all professionals and you'll be encouraged to take advantage of development opportunities.
If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued and your ideas can make a difference, you should work at MYOB.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more