Head of GTM Partnerships, Japan
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build economic infrastructure for internet businesses of every size in pursuit of this mission and we are growing fast. Stripe is building out a GTM Partnerships organization responsible for developing, executing and managing partnerships that enable Stripe’s product and payments ecosystem.
The Stripe Partner GTM team creates and manages relationships with Stripe’s Consulting and Technology partners worldwide in order to drive revenue for Stripe and enable our customers to utilize our technology in new ways.
We are looking for a Head of GTM Partnerships, Japan who will create Stripe’s Japan partnership strategy from the ground up, establishing Stripe’s partnering approach with regional and global consulting partners and software/ISV alliances in order to increase revenue in the region. This is a revenue-generating leadership position, reporting to the Head of APJ GTM Partnerships and working closely with the APAC sales leadership teams. These partnerships will form the basis of Stripe’s GTM and as part of these efforts, this person will build internal business cases and identify product requirements, leading cross-functional teams and ensuring internal alignment. This is a first in region role which will start as an individual contributor and grow into a leadership role in the coming quarters, driving our multi-year global strategic plan for Stripe with our partners upon which this person will be instrumental in developing and executing.
In this role, you will build and manage a range of market-focused partnerships. The goal is to drive partner recruitment, enablement and business growth based on the partners strengths and priorities. The role is responsible for the overall partner relationship, strategic business planning and landing execution across all key priorities. Partners will include global and local systems integrators, consultancies, eCommerce oriented creative agencies and solution providers, all managed regionally. Through developing relationships with important partner stakeholders, you will independently identify growth opportunities for Stripe and enable market growth and user acquisition. You will take a leadership role internally in driving the cross-functional requirement to secure the right level of support to execute partnerships initiatives. You will synthesize and interpret payments industry structures and trends to inform conversations with our partners and their users, and drive toward better outcomes for Stripe. In addition, you will help anticipate changes in partner strategies or policies that could impact our products or users, financial outcomes, or operations.
This partner facing role should understand fiscal year and long term partner channel requirements and advocate for Stripe across the partner landscape, developing joint GTM plans, building or enhancing partner programs to ensure joint success, and growing the brand of Stripe throughout the relevant channel partner community. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue growth and profitability through the relevant technical training, joint marketing and co-sell efforts into the Japan market.
We’re looking for someone with:
- At least 10 years of successful experience in fast-growing high technology companies, working in partnerships and sales leadership roles
- A proven track record of partnering with external stakeholders to successfully identify and execute on growth opportunities
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with a scale mindset and focus on impact.
- Ability and experience in independently driving and concluding complex negotiations to completion and identity blockers and potential tradeoffs
- Sense of urgency to deliver impact for users or customers at scale, and ability to transition between work streams based on given priorities
- Having a mindset of contributing to the success of the team and overall company, outside of individual goals and objectives
Nice to haves:
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience working in the financial services/payments industry
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.