Web Designer (Product)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Zip is a high growth fintech, founded in Australia and expanding worldwide. We use technology and data to bring customers and partners together through a valued and fair payments experience.
Zip is currently looking to hire for the position of ‘Web Designer (Product)’ in Sydney CBD. Reporting into the Director of Product Design, you’ll play a key role in shaping our web design in our ultimate quest to become a truly customer-centric business.
We are looking for a talented Web Designer to help design the future of digital shopping, online and in-store. The right person for this role will lead Zip’s thinking with your empathy with users, creative & analytical thinking and understanding of human behaviour and psychology. You will be part of cross functional teams, leading user research activities, conceptualising problems and solutions to those backed by research insights.
This is a full-time position based in Sydney CBD with annual remuneration of between $100,000 - $140,0000 (negotiable) on offer.
Role related responsibilities:
- Create delightful customer experiences by producing clean/intuitive designs.
- Identify the gaps in user experience and help design the best solutions for our customers.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, brand and other departments to reach the best solutions.
- Strike the right balance between holistic web design and detail-oriented execution and evangelise this approach.
- Use your user-centred design skills to collaborate to a customer centric organisation.
- Contribute to growing a user-centered design practice.
- Work collaboratively to innovate on-brand solutions that exceed customer expectations and meet business requirements and goals.
Skills and experience necessary:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent employment experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a web designer focusing on online products (b-c ideally).
- A strong understanding of the web design methods/tools available and knowing which one is right for the job at hand.
- Solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and present ideas all the way up to C-level.
- A passion for creating and delivering pixel perfect UI.
- Identify highest value business problems, developing UX and UI roadmaps around these and executing to the roadmap.
- Working within cross functional teams - product designers, product managers, growth markets, data and engineers - to produce one of a kind experiences.
- Passionate about advocating for the user.
We’re looking for someone who always finds new boundaries to cross - a future Zipster who will obsess over excellence and make constant improvements for our customers. We’ve removed the red tape here to get things done quickly, so if you see a problem, own the solution. You've gotta hustle at Zip!
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
Benefits @ Zip
- Flexible working culture
- Share incentive programs
- Generous paid parental leave
- Birthday and wellness leave
- Epic offices with a casual dress code
- Fun team with high-growth hustle
- Free breakfast and weekly lunches
- Heaps of social events
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.