Merchant Onboarding Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Merchant Onboarding Specialist, you’ll provide an effortless experience for Merchants who want to join the Afterpay network. Reporting into the Merchant Onboarding Team Leader, you will be specifically responsible for assessing, vetting eligibility and account set up of new Merchants.
In this crucial role, you will work closely with the Sales team, the Anti-Money Laundering & Compliance team, the Risk team and the Operations teams to ensure the Onboarding process of our merchants is a seamless and effortless experience.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Verifying details and ensuring the legitimacy of the merchant/business
- Undertaking an assessment of the Merchants goods/services to ensure they are compliant
- Assisting with Level 1 Risk and Compliance reviews, assessing against internal policies and highlighting potential red flags for more detailed or escalated review.
- Setting up new Merchant accounts
- Manage the seamless handover process between Onboarding, Sales and Integrations to ensure the Merchant receives relevant communication and an effortless experience
- Ensure the Merchant is kept up to date as each stage progresses with Afterpay
- Clearly communicate with the Merchant where further information is required to progress their onboarding process and follow up in a timely manner where action is required
- Clearly communicate Afterpays decisions to Merchants, including declined services and requests for further information, ensuring Merchants are treated respectfully where difficult news is being delivered
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
Our ideal candidates key attributes are:
- Demonstrated skills in an Operational and Customer-Centric environment
- Exceptional Merchant/Customer focus; ability to effectively and quickly form relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
- Naturally passionate about preventing financial crime and protecting Afterpays interests in terms of risk management and compliance
- Analytical and inquisitive, be capable of reviewing and absorbing data from different sources and be able to form judgements and sound conclusions from what you have reviewed.
- A focus on quality, attention to detail and speed in an Operational environment
- An excellent team player who listens and thrives on collaborating with diversely talented team members
- Experience in dealing with challenging situations with empathy and solutions-focused approach, including customer complaints, escalations, requests for information for further verification and managing difficult conversations
- The ability to work under pressure and meet operational targets and deadlines - these targets include both quality and quantity related metrics
- Technically savvy and astute on various applications, systems and tools.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and facilitation skills; with strong oral and written communication ability
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Shop now. Pay later. Always interest-free.