Customer Success Advocate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are looking for Customer Success Advocates to join the Square Australia Customer Success team. The Customer Success team works with Square customers by phone, email, messaging and social media to proactively solve problems, demonstrate how to get the most out of Square, and always improve our Square products by giving feedback to Square Product teams. Reporting to the Lead, Customer Success, you’ll support our diverse Square customer base across Australia.
You may have current experience providing customer service in hospitality, retail, or another customer-focused role. You will work with your lead and Square teammates to develop a career in a technology company, better understand the unique challenges faced by Australian (and international) small business owners, and help promote long-term success for Square in Australia.
*Multiple positions are available, for start dates in July and August 2021. These roles can be based remotely in QLD, NSW, Victoria or work from our Melbourne office*
- Solve customer inquiries by email, phone, messaging and social media, using a CRM tool
- Connect with sellers to discuss their needs and how Square products can help them start and grow their business
- Identify, document, and follow up with Square engineers on product bugs and features, taking ownership of customers’ issues
- Recognise opportunities to update external Support Center content and internal Customer Success documentation
- Work with other Square Australia and international teams (Product, Engineering, Business Development, Marketing and Finance) to improve product, policies and procedures
- Analyse trends in customer issues and suggest improvement ideas and plans
- Treat Customer Success as a product at Square, improving and iterating on the customer experience
- Work with internal Squares and our Square Australia sellers with empathy, being willing to seek different perspectives, take principled risks and have a focus on inventing and learning
- Occasionally work on public holidays to support our Square Australia sellers
- The ability to work with Australia-based customers in English (writing and phone), and global Square colleagues in English (reading, writing and video meetings)
- Experience working in a customer-centric, cross-functional role at a technology company or a background in hospitality, retail or a customer-facing role
- Problem-solving skills - you enjoy digging into a problem and finding a solution
- The ability to tailor a custom customer success experience to address the unique requirements of individual Square customers
- A strong interest in receiving and implementing feedback and focus on improvement
- A passion for Square and desire to help customers
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.