Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.Job Description
The Square Risk team protects our customers and Square from financial risk from Fraud, Disputes, and Credit. We keep our customers safe while $160B+ flows through Square annually, allowing the entire company to take controlled risks and grow. We take pride in our work and mission to protect our customers, to protect Square, and make a complicated and sometimes painful process understandable to all.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead Banking Risk, one of the pillars of Square’s growth and the financial home for our customers. You will work to protect Banking customers from bad actors and Square’s Banking products from being exploited. You will understand Banking customers’ needs and how bad actors could exploit our systems to create the right Jobs To Be Done. You will create a strategy and mission to build Risk products and platforms to support Banking growth. You will work closely with Banking and Risk organizations, partnering with cross-functional team members from the Engineering, Machine Learning, Design, Operations, Product, and Program teams.You will:
- Conduct customer-facing research and use data to produce product insights
- Define and develop a vision and strategy for Banking Risk in collaboration with partner Product teams, Engineering, Design, Analytics, Policy, and Operations
- Deliver remarkable products and features that ensure optimal experiences for Banking customers and protection against financial loss
- Address challenging prioritization questions through data-driven approaches that put your customer first.
- Establish your product roadmap and lead your cross-functional to completion within the target range
- Represent your team, your team’s goals, and your team’s strategy to meet those objectives with multiple partners, Banking and Risk leadership, and senior company leaders
- 8+ years of product management experience developing industry-leading products that have solved complex problems for their customers
- Influence: Experience building consensus and working with diverse partners across a product ecosystem
- Vision: You’ve formed, gained, and supported essential strategies shaping the direction of your product
- Results: You’re excellent tactically, with experience shipping elegant products at scale
- Customer empathy: Experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Experience in the Banking or Risk domains building software, and Machine Learning solutions
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 - USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 - USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 - USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 - USD $210,400
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.