Pleo is the spending solution for forward-thinking teams. We empower employees of thousands of companies through smart virtual and physical cards and a modern expense management app. Cash is so old school. We want every employee to feel valued and trusted when spending money of your company. After all, if you're trusted enough to be hired, you should be trusted enough to spend money responsibly.
At Pleo, data matters.
- We are a community of 40+ talented data & analytics professionals working from more than 10 different locations worldwide with backgrounds in data analytics, analytics engineering, data engineering, and data science
- We use modern data & analytics tools and solutions including Looker, BigQuery, dbt, Airflow, Fivetran, Segment, Amplitude & Kafka
- We are united by a shared vision to stop the guessing game and unlock growth for Pleo
- We deeply care about data culture, strategy, and empowerment of our stakeholders
- We deal with a huge variety of data and insights spanning the entire business, from the detailed inner workings of the Pleo platform to web & app metrics, CRM details, financial and banking records, human resource information, and everything else needed to fuel Pleo’s decision-making processes in a data-inspired manner
What Great Looks Like In This Role
- You and your team are company-wide trusted experts for Analytics Engineering and data modelling
- You successfully nurture a culture of data-inspired decision-making in alignment with the other Data & Analytics leaders
- You are an ambassador for excellence and quality within the Data & Analytics community, you lead by example and inspire others
- You and your team are highly satisfied regarding career growth and your sense of belonging to the Data & Analytics crew
- You solve problems through collaboration rather than control
- You bringing robust, efficient, and integrated data models and data products to life
- Be the Analytics Engineering Competence Lead for up to 3 Analytics Engineers (state: March 2023) of the Data & Analytics domain, support their career growth efforts and provide coaching
- Help define and ensure Analytics Engineering best practices and standards are identified, cultivated and followed in your competence crew and domains, own the quality of work and provide ways of solving problems
- Facilitate activities to increase the level of data modelling literacy among other domains together with your team
- Act as a multiplier for Analytics Engineering inside the Data & Analytics domain and facilitate the feedback loop to other domains at Pleo
- Be the Team Lead for a cross-functional team of analytics engineers and data engineers, be accountable for your team’s delivery, balance speed and quality
- Support your team in owning Pleo’s Analytics Suite (Data Warehouse in BigQuery, Metabase, Looker, Castor, Hotjar, Amplitude)
Your Colleagues Say You:
- Are very passionate about data modelling, architecture and documentation
- Communicate complexity with ease and empathy to cross-functional stakeholders for decision making
- Are an authentic, experienced leader and a role model for radical candor
- Truly enjoy helping others grow and shine
- Prioritize quality over speed and keenly pay attention to detail, which ensures high-quality work
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - whether you are working remote or at one of our offices 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Flexible work: working from home when you want, where you want, why you want to (we trust you)
- Trips abroad for team camps. Last year we went to Croatia - we'd love to see you at the next one!
- 25 days of holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you!). We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Ask us about what we offer, we’ll be happy to outline more!
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About Your Application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page