Tink was founded in 2012, and a decade later became part of Visa in 2022. Tink was created with the aim of changing the banking industry for the better. We have built Europe’s most robust open banking platform – with the broadest, deepest connectivity and powerful services that create value out of the financial data. We offer the tools that allow anyone – from big banks and fintechs to startups – to build the future of financial services across Europe.
The Staff Engineer role
As a Staff Engineer at Tink, you will be part of making sure that both our engineers and organization can develop. We see that you will contribute to the vision of the overall technical direction of our current and future products. You will have a large impact on our daily work and our journey ahead.
By being an expert within your domain (Backend, Frontend, SRE, Data Engineer, or ML Engineer) you will contribute by making critical product architecture and implementation decisions to a variety of teams, all over Tink.
We use technologies such as Java, Go, Python, MySQL, Cassandra, Memcached, Kafka, Elasticsearch, gRPC, Docker and Bazel, and all our microservices run on Kubernetes in AWS.
What you will do
- Take a lead on the technical initiatives that impact a whole product area.
- You will define how to tackle today and tomorrow’s technical challenges.
- You will proactively advise development teams, Engineering Managers, Engineering Directors and even other Staff Engineers on the best practices for technical implementations.
- Communicate and negotiate with internal Product Managers and Account Managers. You are capable of translating technical specifications into easy to understand information.
- You enable and lead architecture sessions to tackle our data processing infrastructure that handles many billions of data points each month.
- With other senior engineers, lead the work on identifying bottlenecks, removing unnecessary dependencies and create clearer boundaries between components for the Tink architecture.
- Be the API gatekeeper for the area. You will be responsible for the design for Tink’s architectural evolution with regards to components that affect Finance Management.
- Foster a culture based on our values Sincere, Challenging, Friendly, Responsible and Exceptional.
What we offer you
- A possibility to have an impact in some of the main products for Tink.
- You will work on solutions for some of the largest banks in Europe.
- Together with a few teams develop the next generation of Personal Finance Management banking functionality.
- An environment where you and your team have great potential for growth.
What we’re looking for
- A Staff Engineer with few years of experience leading technology initiatives with consumer facing product.
- Experience as a backend engineer.
- Experience with a fast-paced environment that is product-centric.
- You are a trusted advisor with a track record of bringing solutions to a problem that impacts a whole product’s lifecycle!
Who we are at Tink
We are a company of developers and engineers – it’s in our DNA to imagine, build and iterate. We were founded with a vision of transforming an industry that lacked competition and momentum. And we have built a company of passionate over-achievers who all believe there is always a better way of doing things.
People from all over Europe – and the world – have joined us on our mission to build the biggest and best open banking platform in Europe.
We're looking forward to your application!