Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Senior Engineering Manager for our Platform Shared Services team. As a Senior Engineering Manager, your leadership will be instrumental in setting the technical direction of the team. You will partner with engineering teams across the company to ensure that the team maximizes value to customers of the platform. Additionally, you will coordinate across multiple engineering squads to drive adoption and alignment with the Platform team’s technical strategy. Leveraging your experience and deep technical knowledge, you will provide leadership in evolving testing and deployment strategies. You will mentor fellow team members in promoting career development.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and innovative leader with a strong background in managing managers and is technically hands-on with their teams. They possess excellent communication and collaboration skills, enabling them to effectively work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to understand and prioritize needs. As a proactive problem solver with a keen analytical mindset, the candidate will drive the design, development, and maintenance of a scalable, high-performance data platform. With a proven track record of developing and leading high-performing teams, the ideal candidate is committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement and professional growth within the Platform team.What you’ll do:
What you’ll need:
- Develop and execute the product, technical, and engineering strategy to support the organization's existing products and also incubate and launch the new Payment services business.
- Lead the Payment Services team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the organization, including, other platform teams, compliance, risk, treasury, back office teams, and Business teams, to understand and prioritize use cases and what is required to deliver on the bold vision.
- Create clear and well-thought-out technical design artifacts with careful considerations of system dependencies, failure states, maintainability, testability, and ease of support
- Ensure the platform team adheres to industry best practices for data security, privacy, compliance, and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain documentation of the platform's architecture, processes, and procedures.
- Apply software engineering best practices (version control, continuous integration, etc) spanning the entire platform code base.
- Develop and implement performance metrics to monitor and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the team.
- Hire, grow, mentor, and provide guidance to the Platform team members, fostering professional growth and development.
- Manage a team of engineers with a focus on supporting, and growing existing businesses, and incubating new businesses.
Compensation And Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; a Master's degree is a plus.
- 9+ years of Software Engineering experience, with a proven track record of success in developing and maintaining reliable, scalable web services
- 4+ years of management experience
- Experience managing multiple teams of engineers, and coaching and growing leaders
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with a demonstrated ability to motivate and develop high-performing teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to distill complex issues into actionable plans.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex information clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Adept at managing relationships with stakeholders across the organization, fostering collaboration and alignment.
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Hands-on experience with modern data stack technologies, e.g: Kafka, Kinesis, Kubernetes, DynamoDB, Snowflake, DataDog, Java, and Kotlin is a plus
- Experience in fintech is a plus.
The base pay range for this role is listed below. Final base pay offer will be determined based on individual factors such as the candidate’s experience, skills, and location.
To view all of our comprehensive and competitive benefits, visit our Benefits at SoFi
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
New York applicants: Notice of Employee Rights
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.Internal Employees
If you are a current employee, do not apply here - please navigate to our Internal Job Board in Greenhouse to apply to our open roles.