NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
In today’s challenging business climate, restaurants rely on technology as never before. We at NCR Aloha, the world’s leading provider of Restaurant Technology, are not resting on our laurels. We're hard at work extending the reach and capabilities of our restaurant technology, ensuring that restaurants may engage with their customers in any manner they choose – increasingly, this means digital, mobile, contactless, curbside. Restaurant of the future? Not at NCR. We’re building it today.
Would you like to play a key role in revolutionizing the dining experience in more than 100,000 restaurants? Technology is playing a major role in the restaurant industry. NCR is playing a mojor role as the leader in that industry. As a Program Manager on the Delivery Effectiveness Team, you’ll be leading the most important division-wide programs. You will be a leader in creating new products and new features and functions for your customers. You’ll be a leader on a team helping to transform Hospitality to an ‘All-In Agile’ environment. We’re looking for someone who values the big picture but understands the importance of executing now. Because so many meals and dining experiences are riding on the quality of our technology, you’ll bring a passion for ensuring that our customer experience is peerless.
Curious? Read on. We're looking for software engineering talent like you.
Position Summary & Key Areas Of Responsibility
- Work with Sr. Leadership, product owners, product managers and project managers to define, develop, and refine plans for complex software product development programs
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative Scrum Agile environment with multiple product teams to deliver high quality solutions that exceed customer expectations
- Coordinate stakeholders from cross-functional teams (PS, Sales, Engineering, Pre-sales, Support etc.) to deliver significant programs delivering new technologies quickly and with quality
- Drive planning and execution that provides realistic timeframes with quality and predictability while leveraging best practices from Agile Software Development Methodology
- Provide strategic influence for product roadmaps based on resource availability, cross-team dependencies, outstanding commitments, and your point of view on what it takes to deliver
- Partner to drive key decisions and recommendations to ensure effective and timely product delivery
- Provide governance and support process improvement while helping to define the organization’s roles and responsibilities to ensure clarity
- Conduct program reviews with management, reporting progress, advising on risk and critical success factors
- Guide team to include appropriate contingencies in the program plans for their areas of expertise
- Coordinate and help resolve issues when needed; ensure issues are addressed before becoming a roadblock; escalate issues raised by team as needed
- Work with product teams to identify & mitigate risks and issues during planning and execution
- Communicate overall program status, risks, and issues to team and to relevant stakeholders
- Drive employee engagement – share the big picture and motivate the team to deliver
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years of directly related software project management and software engineering experience
- Program Management experience driving large scale software development projects or portfolios
- Highly organized with attention to quality work
- Ability to assess issues, quickly summarize solutions and drive decisions
- Communicates effectively and clearly, works well with others and willingly responds to requests for assistance
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up and tracking skills
- Ability to problem solve, identify solutions and escalations
- Ability to recognize change in project scope and adjust accordingly
- Ability to recognize high-level opportunities for improvement and change
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated teamwork
- Handles multiple tasks and demonstrates flexibility by switching priorities and focus with changing business demands
- Works effectively as part of team, while often working independently and with little direct supervision to accomplish goals and achieve results
- Working knowledge of modern technology, with the ability to organize information using tools including, but not limited to: database management, spreadsheets, word processing, or other business applications software
- Experience working with Confluence, Jira and AgileCraft (Jira Align) or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to navigate organizational dynamics of a large organization
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies
- Experience building outstanding apps that users love interacting with
- Understanding the value of quality and continuous delivery, and want to help teams release frequently and often to production, with high quality
- Ability to tackle problems both at the small and large scale
- Strong desire to continually learn new technologies, tools, and methodologies, including those out of your comfort zone
- Masters Certificate in PM through curriculum that teaches from PMI PMBOK Standard.
- PMI-Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Scrum and/or SAFe certification.
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.