NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leader in transforming, connecting and running technology platforms for self-directed banking, stores and restaurants. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 38,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: Senior Platform Product Manager
Locations: Atlanta, GA
Top 2 reasons you will love working at NCR:
Retail is a booming industry, and NCR is the market leader in several Retail segments. We’re in the midst of a transformation, and YOU have an opportunity to make an enormous difference in a fortune 500 tech company.
NCR’s culture is one of openness, transparency, and respect. We embrace a diversity of backgrounds, and believe it makes us stronger. Our stated values are Customer F.I.R.S.T (Fun, Innovation, Respect, Success, and Teamwork)
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with 36,000 employees globally. We help financial institutions, retailers and restaurants around the world run better—so they have more time to create customer experiences that drive lasting success.
The criticality of the retail industry has never been more clear. It is ripe with opportunities for innovation and disruption to change the shopping experience. Our market leading product portfolio includes self-checkout, online ordering, fuel controllers, self-ordering kiosks in convenience stores, and points of sale. You have an opportunity to put your stamp on the world buys groceries, fuel, medicine, and other goods, and to have fun doing it!
This role allows the successful candidate to:
- Receive a competitive compensation package
- Advance your career in a strong fortune 500 company
- Innovate in Retail, which is an essential industry, and must continue running during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Identify and quantify market opportunities to for innovative products and capabilities that will be used by the candidate, and the candidate’s family & friends, in everyday interactions with your favorite grocery, drug, convenience & fuel, and department/specialty retail outlets.
- Operate in an Agile environment based on Design Thinking, which focuses on progress vs. perfection, and iteration vs analysis paralysis
Position Summary & Key Areas Of Responsibility
- Responsible for driving the product strategy and vision for NCR’s commerce platform, that is the core component for the entire NCR retail product suite.
- Define the business requirements that drive the architectural and technological constructs within the NCR Commerce Platform including:
- API Management (e.g. Apigee) and API based integrations
- Third party partnership management
- Core capabilities such as authentication, alerting, eventing, logging, etc.
- Software Development Kits (SDKs)
- Identify and articulate the global market requirements that define the platform’s features set in line with strategy, including writing requirements.
- Manage and deliver platform roadmaps including the coordination of cross-product and cross-functional dependencies.
- Collaborate with Engineering & Design to balance vision with practicality.
- Translate technical architecture to business value & impact to customers’ ROI
- Building and maintaining prioritized product backlog fed by:
- Product strategy
- Customer feedback & interviews
- User research (in partnership with User Experience Design)
- Competitive analysis
- Mentor less experienced product team members to help elevate NCR’s overall approach.
- Recruit customers to act as “advisor users” to co-create innovative products.
- Educate sales team on messaging that works
- 10+ years proven experience in a Product Manager or similar role
- Background in software business, specifically familiarity w/ modern software trends (SaaS, Cloud, Telemetry, etc.)
- Proven leadership experience in a global product management role
- Excellent organization, communication, time management, facilitation, and follow-thru skills
- A confident leader that can help communicate with customers and all levels of leadership and lead a seasoned team of product managers
- Owns outcomes & drives to completion without being reminded
- Working understanding of Agile methodologies & tools
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to build strong, trusting relationships
- Ability to simplify the complex
- Problem-solving aptitude & creative thinking skills
- This position requires 20% travel
- Previous experience in cloud technologies like GCP and Azure
- Previous experience in Retail
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.