At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join a growing team charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner. You will work closely with applied scientists and other engineers to build robust solutions that power our liquidity services at scale. You will mentor other software engineers, setting and demonstrating high standards and technical excellence. As a member of a growing initiative, you must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
This position can be based in Toronto or London
What You’ll Do
- Be an entrepreneurial builder, working up and down the stack, mixing software engineering, data engineering, and knowledge of machine learning deployments to jumpstart this new initiative.
- Deliver reliable, high-throughput, low-latency (micro)services to power-optimized decision-making at scale.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle by gathering requirements, leveraging sound software design principles, and ensuring operational excellence with unit & integration testing
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, design, marketing, integrations, ops, customer success, legal and more
- Own your solution, from design to production, ensuring the best experience for Ripple’s customers in how they interact with your solutions
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
- Contribute to our system design decisions through your participation in design discussions
What You'll Bring
- 2-5+ years of hands-on Software Development experience on large-scale distributed systems, with the last 2+ years in Java or similar (Go, C++), experience owning features or components preferred
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications (e.g. Docker) into modern distributed computing environments such as Kubernetes
- Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in finance, banking, e-commerce domains), backed by scalable data stores and other cloud data services to manage large, structured event data sources such as tick data
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar
Who We Are
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.