Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About The Role
As our first Event Marketing Manager, you’ll be responsible for delivering top-notch, one-off experiences while simultaneously building a long-view program and creating guidelines and templates for other stakeholders (“events in a box”). Your work will range from tentpole industry events and large-scale trade shows to field events and owned experiences. From day one, you’ll have the support of an event producer, a full creative team, and the option to augment your team with outside resources. We have a track record of hiring visionary marketers and trusting them to figure it out. Your mandate won’t be spelled out. We’re looking for you to show us how it’s done.
This role will work hybrid out of our San Fransisco office.
What You Will Do
- Define how we approach and produce world-class event experiences
- Concept and craft end-to-end event programs
- Build consideration and drive leads through in-person events
- Be aware of industry best practices but comfortable breaking them
- Templatize high-frequency field level events
- Partner with executives, finance and marketing
- Manage production budget and measure effectiveness
- Source and manage top talent and agencies
- Create and govern event guidelines
What You Will Need
- 10+ years of event strategy and production experience at scale (experience with product/user conferences a plus)
- Proactive mindset. You love to create experience and care deeply about Rippling and its brand.
- Business acumen and the ability to see the impact beyond the details of planning
- Understanding for how an in-person event should translate to digital marketing channels
- Ability to influence execs, develop strong relationships, and communicate at all levels
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations even when things are ambiguous
- Ability to manage multiple work streams concurrently with operational rigor and frugality
About The Team
The Brand Team is a group of 35 polymaths spanning content, social, campaigns, operations and design (of all kinds). We’ve earned trust internally by setting and maintaining a very high bar. Creatively, operationally and visually. After building a world class brand identity and team, it's now time to expand into events and experiences. That's where you come in!
Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed here, we still encourage you to apply. Skills can be used in lots of different ways and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture. Rippling is an equal opportunity employer.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40-mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office at least three days a week under current policy to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
- Tier 1: $116,000 - $158,000/year
- Tier 2: $104,000 - $143,000/year
- Tier 3: $98,000 - $135,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.