Service Desk Analyst - Hybrid (office based 3 days a week)
To provide a high-quality pro-active customer support service within a busy operational environment which will include working on a support desk, in addition to assisting the IT Team.
- Be the initial point of contact for the Service Desk and to respond to customer support requests by analysing the symptoms and providing an appropriate remedy and accurately logging salient points and resolution details, for future reference and / or escalation to Senior Service Desk Analyst /Service Centre Manager/Infrastructure Engineer.
- Ensures the IT Team meets the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) and keeps the customer informed of progress.
- Ensures all tickets are categorised appropriately in the service desk tool.
- Builds relationships with the business units and their representatives, in order to understand their business drivers and how the IT Unit can contribute to them.
- Be aware of all planned changes and activities relating to the installed computer systems in order to relate problems to changes in the computer environment.
- Escalates accordingly if the nature of a problem is immediately or potentially serious and may impact the business performance of Pay.UK or customers. To ensure that all affected parties are advised and regularly updated on the problem resolution progress.
- Helps maintain the integrity of Pay.UK’s IT infrastructures by ensuring it is secure, consistent and the necessary procedures and documentation are produced and maintained.
- Helps maintain the integrity of the computer systems and the software and data stored thereon in respect of the avoidance of computer virus infection, illicit access by non-authorised personnel, software piracy etc by the use of available anti-virus software and security packages, and via appropriate advice/guidance to internal customers.
- Ensures that the Service Centre Manager/Senior IT Operations Manager/ Head of Enterprise IT are advised of any current or anticipated security issues.
- Ensures that when security incidents arise and may impact the business performance of Pay.UK or its Clients, that appropriate parties are advised and regularly updated on the problem resolution progress.
- Maintains processes and documentation as required.
- Identifies any deficiencies in current processes or documentation to either the IT Operations Manager or Head of IT and Facilities.
- Ensures tidiness of IT customer facing area(s).
- Maintains Stock levels of standard devices and consumables.
- Maintains asset register and inventories.
- Highlights any potential licensing issues to either the Service Centre Manager/Senior IT Operations Manager/ Head of Enterprise IT
- Undertakes any other duties as may reasonably be requested.
- Assists in the technical implementation of new technology solutions, following appropriate project planning routines, and drawing on the expertise of IT colleagues in respect of the user liaison and rollout, always working towards a co-ordinated approach to technical project execution. As a part of this process to ensure appropriate liaison and/or consultation has been undertaken with both colleagues and external suppliers or consultants to ensure the success of the project.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Degree qualified or relevant work experience
- A working knowledge of current Microsoft Operating Systems (windows 10/11)
- An intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Office 365) and Microsoft Exchange Online
- Awareness and understanding of Hyper-V
- Awareness and understanding of SharePoint (2013/2016/365)
- An understanding of Citrix XenApp
- Ability to assist remote users and diagnose problems they may have accessing remote applications.
- Use of XenApp Management Consoles
- Microsoft Windows 10/11 and active directory
- Microsoft Office (Office 365) and Microsoft Exchange Online
- Word – edit and maintain complicated documents, including table of contents, header and footers, linking, macros and hyper linking to other applications
- Excel – apply formulae, macros, pivot tables link tables and advanced functions
- PowerPoint – work with charts, linking, animations, flow charts
- Outlook - good knowledge of Outlook
- Good working knowledge and use of Active Directory Users and Computers console and other administrative management consoles including Exchange Management Console
- IT Service Management Tooling (e.g. Topdesk, Jira)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure
Pay.UK maintains and develops the UK retail payment systems and standards that are core to the economy being able to function on a day-to-day basis.
From Bacs to Faster Payments and cheques – we act as the single operator for all UK retail payments. We put the needs of consumers and businesses at the heart of everything we do, working in the public interest to ensure that the systems the country relies on for its banking transactions are safe, open, innovative and resilient.
Our payment systems underpin the services that enable funds to be transferred between people and institutions. In 2018, the UK’s retail payment systems processed 8.8 billion transactions worth £7 trillion through Bacs Direct Credit, Direct Debit, Faster Payments, and cheques.
Every day, individuals and businesses use the services we provide to get their salaries, pay their bills and make online and mobile banking payments. Our vision for the future is to enable a vibrant economy, with Pay.UK delivering the best-in-class payment infrastructure and standards for the benefit of consumers and businesses nationwide.
- 12% Non-contributory pension
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 30 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance, life assurance, income protection, health cash plan, dental insurance, Bupa medicals etc
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Annual fitness subsidy of up to £500 per annum