and Impactful -
is this how you would like to end your work week feeling? That is all you have to optimise for yourself and our customers in this role. Do you have that tingling feeling in your belly already? Read on!
Our team- Ready for Export, part of the Spend management domain is on a mission to turn the tables and solve the customer problems that have been making bookkeepers' lives a pain in the neck. We're determined to go the extra mile and find ways to add the missing pieces to the expense puzzle, so bookkeepers can focus on the bigger picture.
Our team knows that every penny counts, and we're not afraid to go the extra mile to maximize the impact of every expense. Are you ready to take a bold step forward and make a mark in the world of finance whilst working collaboratively leading cross functional teams? Then you are at the right place.
But wait, you haven't heard of Pleo before? Really?
To get you off to a good start, let us just say that we are doing away with an outdated business process that’s been around forever – dreaded expense management.
We are doing that by helping customers to delegate employee spending through a business spending platform. This means no more out of pocket spending, encourages autonomy and trust in employees, and takes a huge burden off the finance team. You'll be building the SaaS tool (company spending solution) that comes with physical pre-paid cards (so with a fintech twist) that are then distributed to all employees of the company. The best part is we're all users of Pleo ourselves - so it's a very applicable tool. It impacts anyone in a company who could spend money on behalf of their business - be it a coffee with clients or a Mac for a new hire.
Because we put the employee at the centre of all this, you'll find us to be user-obsessed (don't take our word for it - check out our Trustpilot page: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/pleo.io). We put ourselves in the user's position every day, and try to minimise the major pains they feel.
We are on one hell of a journey - our growth and pace of change will either terrify or delight you. We're looking for someone who is also inspired and energised by this type of challenge. We're looking for someone longing to be part of a journey like ours.
What does this role entail?
You will be leading a product team at the core of the Pleo product experience. You would own the experience of handling an expense from the point of purchase until all necessary details are added in accordance with best practice bookkeeping. This will require you to guide users into how to correctly provide their input, nudge them to do so before the finance admins loose their patience and help finance admins to review and amend expenses if necessary. You will also have to build wow moments by automating collection and reading of receipts as well as by predicting and proposing expense details based on historic data. In the role you can expect to do the following:
- Regularly meet with customers across our core European markets to understand the user persona and their needs
- Set product strategy and vision in collaboration with your team and senior leaders
- Define KPIs for the team and success metrics for features to validate impact
- Identify opportunities and design experiments to validate ideas and gain learnings to inform future development
- Identify, manage and negotiate 3rd party solutions for automation (OCR and more)
- Continuously work with your Engineering Manager counterpart to improve team productivity
- Establish Pleo as a thought leader in how to apply AI to spend solutions
- Evolve the product management practice and help other PMs grow in their competence
There’s more cool stuff?
In the role you will be leading a team of 9 talented engineers and a savvy designer. The team is distributed across Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, UK and US. The team is part of a product group of six teams responsible for all functionality for handling entities, review flows, expenses, content and exports.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Are hit with relentless focus on getting results and a strong entrepreneurial drive
- Are a strong communicator and storyteller that can bring clarity and inspire
- Feel comfortable getting into technical details with the engineers to find the best possible solutions, plus if you have previous experience with programming
- Have extensive track record in reaching result when building consumer facing products according to best practices
- People person who wants to have fun at work and likes developing co-workers by creating a culture of inclusivity where authenticity is valued and celebrated
- Experienced in working with data to inform your decisions and development
- Plus if you have experience or a keen interest in payments, spend solutions, bookkeeping or other adjacent fields that gives you an understanding of the persona and problem space
- You have experience from creating a product vision and strategy which helps the team work towards a shared goal with high engagement and excitement
More about our team
We are excited about inter-department collaborations, extracting insights from numerous data sources, planning ahead, and making sure we are standing on solid foundations as we scale. At the same time we don’t forget that we are humans. We spend time having fun in random slack channels and allow ourselves to have the space for creativity, this allows us to enjoy what we do.
You will be working with a team of amazing people whose expertise revolve around Product, Software Engineering, Org Design, Payment analysis, AML and fraud, and other fields.
Show me the benefits! 👀
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Flexible working remote options for those onsite (just speak to your team)
- Trips to somewhere for team camps (both company-wide ones and team-specific ones)The last one we had was in Croatia
- Continual learning and development opportunities
- 25 days holidays (annual)
- Private Healthcare
- Sponsored lunch - both while at one of our offices, and WFH
- A €2500 annual flex benefits package (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay part of your MBA - completely up to you!)
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we’re supportive of families and help you feel that you don’t have to compromise on the family due to work
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About Your Application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page