Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About The Role
Rippling’s Growth Marketing team has built the engine behind one of the fastest startup growth stories ever. We are rapidly launching new product lines and expanding globally, and Marketing Analytics is scaling in line with this hypergrowth.
We’re looking for a Marketing Data Scientist to join the growing Marketing Analytics team. You’ll work in a cross-functional and fast-paced environment and your work will ensure we make the right decisions to fuel our growth, optimize our funnel and strengthen our unit economics. As an early data hire in Growth, you’ll have the opportunity to help build the analytics foundation from scratch, influence the roadmap and tackle complex problems as we deploy tens of millions of dollars in Marketing spend, launch new products and expand internationally.
What You Will Do
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Growth, Growth Engineering, Marketing Operations, Data Engineering) to build out our data foundation for scale, define and standardize metrics, and promote cross-functional visibility into Marketing data.
- Be the expert in experimental design, predictive modeling, and attribution.
- Launch website tests end-to-end, including but not limited to: define test areas, design experiments, identify success metrics, monitor and analyze test results, and provide insights and recommendations.
- Proactively identify strategic opportunities and provide recommendations through ad-hoc and deep dive analysis.
- Develop and maintain high-visibility dashboards on marketing channels and programs and their key performance metrics.
- Build statistical models to segment and score prospects or existing customers. Identify top features that drive conversions for each segment and develop recommendations to action on these insights.
- Integrate additional data sources into our attribution models to provide additional insights on marketing channel and campaign performance.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Analytics, Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative fields with 4+ years of industry experience or Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience.
- Strong proficiency in SQL, Tableau (or other Business Intelligence tools), and Python/ R (to perform analysis and create basic statistical models).
- 2+ years of experience practicing A/B experimentation; have solid understanding in test design and measurement using tools such as Optimizely.
- Experience with causal inference and predictive modeling.
- Subject matter expertise in web analytics using Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics. Basic understanding of web tracking, e.g. UTM.
- Ability to deliver actionable insights by synthesizing data into useful formats and conveying findings in a clear manner to influence decision makers.
- Ability to actively manage and influence stakeholders through strong communication skills, both in verbal and written form.
- Organized, attentive to detail, and intellectually curious.
- Basic understanding of direct response marketing channels, such as Email, Direct Mail, SEO, Retargeting, and Outbound/ ABM motions.
- Experience with B2B SaaS companies.
- Ruthless prioritization and time management.
Additional Information (IE Pay Transparency)
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $136,000 - $179,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.