At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Business FP&A team is part of the broader FP&A team. Our main objective is to provide CFO-level partnerships to the following Core business areas; Customer Experience, IT, Enterprise Architecture & Applications (EAA), Corporate Development, Strategy Execution & Analytics, Marketing and Communications.
What You’ll Be Doing (ie. Job Duties)
- Support the development of the annual budget and ongoing forecasting processes, including variance analysis and trend identification.
- Review month-end close activities in collaboration with the Accounting team and be a subject matter expert for any Marketing related costs across the company.
- Update weekly and monthly presentations and provide relevant context for business reviews with leaderships.
- Develop tools and resources to drive insights related to budget allocation, attribution analysis and financial reporting which will guide decision making.
- Establish quarterly marketing performance reporting and analysis framework, including total spend, CPA, LTV ratios, and brand vs. performance marketing splits.
- Work cross-functionally with key partners in marketing and analytics to develop business insights.
- Collaborate with finance on various analyses to identify most efficient marketing tactics and best approach going forward.
- Develop impactful, compelling presentation materials (decks, notes, write-ups, backup materials, etc.) that effectively communicates financial projections, drivers, business performance, risks and opportunities to leadership.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and special projects as requested by senior management.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related subject area.
- Minimum of 5 years shown experience in an analytical and/or planning role at a public company or consulting, banking, tech etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CAC, LTV and ROI topics in order to influence decision making and business results.
- Experience with financial modeling and analysis.
- Outstanding analytical skill, with a passion for metrics and data; ability to apply in order to influence and drive decision making.
- Self-starter who is intellectually curious and not afraid to seek out projects independently.
- High competence and passion for sophisticated problem solving applying financial modeling and analysis, including advanced dashboards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with cross-functional teams.
Nice To Haves
- Advanced degree in business or finance.
- Experience with visualization tools (Looker, etc.) and financial software (Anaplan, Coupa, NetSuite, etc.) is a plus.
- SQL experience working with large datasets and creating data visualization tools (Python and SQL skills are a plus).
- Experience with financial tech, crypto or traditional financial services.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending on your work location, the target annual salary for this position can range from $127,075 to $149,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Know Your Rights notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required. For US applicants only, by submitting your application you are agreeing to arbitration of disputes as outlined here.