At Prospa, we exist to unleash the potential of every small business. We are building the future of small business and simplifying cashflow by building a leading platform that helps customers make payments, fund growth and reduce admin.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you’ll join a high performing team that’s committed to helping change the way small businesses experience finance in Australian & New Zealand.
You’ll lead Prospa’s accounting and finance operations including statutory reporting, external audit and review, compliance requirements, control of funds, accounts payable, customer receivables, monthly close and tax.
What You Will Be Doing
- Support the team through an efficient and high-quality month-end close
- Oversee the preparation of the annual and half yearly financial statements in full compliance with AASB, ASX Listing Rules and other statutory requirements
- Deliver on the Group’s external audit and review process
- Lead, develop and support the growth of your team
- Deliver on day-to-day operations and cash management, including end of day funds processing for our customers, investors and partners
- Support the preparation of the Group’s tax and other statutory returns - Income Tax, FBT, Business Activity Statements and R&D submissions
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of the Group’s ongoing APRA and other compliance reporting obligations
- Contribute to continuous process improvement
- Support the fast-paced scaling of the business across multiple products and geographies
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Experience leading, coaching and developing a team
- CA / CPA qualified with 8+ years’ relevant experience
- Big 4 audit background with ASX experience desirable
- Deep understanding of Australian Accounting Standards and local Tax regulations - exposure to AASB 9 and AASB 2 is highly regarded
- Strong work ethic and with a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Be a collaborator - in the Finance team, the business and external stakeholders
- A sound understanding of how finance and technology interact, a passion for process improvement and a desire to embrace change for the better.
Don’t let a confidence gap get in the way of submitting your application.
What we offer:
As a busy grow getter, our benefits are here to help you be unstoppable in your mission. Whether it’s a lofty career goal, investing in your family, saving the planet or simply feeling fulfilled:
- Growth: There’s something for everyone including learning days, a learning allowance, leadership programs, performance coaching & digital learning
- Wellbeing: Think fitness initiatives, seasonal programs (including massages, skin checks, family picnics and coffee carts), additional “Me Days” and access to holistic EAP coaching.
- Lifestyle: Find your fit with flexible working options, top notch office facilities and diverse remote/ travel work options. You can also purchase additional leave and take up to 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Impact: Join a business that has committed to becoming carbon neutral by June 2024. And you can tap into volunteer days, our partnership with Kiva and join a range of employee resource groups.
We embrace diversity in our people and our thinking. You’ll find an environment where there’s always something new around the corner. It’s collaborative, inclusive and respectful. A place where we celebrate who you are, naturally.
We’re building the future of small business finance. Join us!