Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
- Serve as 2nd line of defense risk business partner for the VCA organization and GDO. Develop partnerships with the First Line of Defense to identify, mitigate, monitor, and report on risks impacting their business and product lines.
- Develop portfolio management reviews and actively monitor and report on business units risk profiles highlighting risks that warrant most attention, including executive risk reporting to Senior Management.
- Build a set of Key Risk Indicators to assist in the early identification of risks and trends.
- Responsible for NBIA execution and 2nd line challenge role for RCSAs and help drive and embed risk culture throughout the product organizations by providing insights and monitoring improvements on the control environments.
- Partner with Data Policy and Data Privacy teams to manage, scale, and drive automation with the Data Use Case Assistance GDL and Archer tool and triage and identify, assess and monitor the data lifecycle management control environment. Establish agenda and key meeting minutes for daily triage meetings.
- Review and adjudicated data use cases in line with approved policy, standards, playbooks and risk appetite.
- Partner with Data Policy and Data Privacy to identify tool requirements to enhance data use case assessment tool and then work with Corporate IT to implement including build out of JIRA stories, testing, etc.
- Partner with VCA compliance organization to build out a first line monitoring and testing program on current green strikezone initiatives and ensure use cases are logged via new data use case assessment tool.
- Build out and provide training to first and 2nd line teams on the use of data and work with future data stewards.
- Working closely with Visa Risk Centers of Excellence (CoE) to design and implement appropriate Risk programs commensurate with risk profile and Visa Risk Appetite e.g. Technology Risk, Third Party Risk, Substantive Compliance Area Monitoring and Testing, Data Privacy Oversight, Model Risk, Risk and Control Self-Assessment etc.
- Provide ad hoc support as needed to the NBIA program in areas such as building out and implementing a Quality Assurance program.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 5 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more at least 3 years of experience of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 7 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree (Finance, Economics or Business Field) or 5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Strong program management and reporting capabilities
- Knowledge of Archer, IBM Open Pages, and or similar GRC tools.
- Advanced knowledge, skill and understanding in applying risk management practices specifically as it relates risk taxonomies, risk appetite, risk assessment, scoring, mitigation, acceptance
- An understanding of the payments industry and financial services, payment products and services, and of wider economic / competitive landscape
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication, and facilitation skills, plus ability to work independently and effectively in a continually changing environment
- Clear thinker with strong technical and data analysis skills and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and work with all organizational levels
- Experience in identifying, assessing, managing, and reporting risks
- Understanding of controls and control effectiveness
Varies upon the needs of the department.
This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
No US work sponsorship is provided for this role.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 113,100.00 to 147,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.