Hello, we’re Starling. We built a new kind of bank because we knew technology had the power to help people save, spend and manage their money in a new and transformative way. We’re a fully licensed UK bank with the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive tech company.We’re a bank, but better: fairer, easier to use and designed to demystify money for everyone. We employ more than 2,300 people across our London, Southampton and Cardiff offices and will open our Manchester office in 2023.
We're looking for a Head of Model Validation, who will be responsible for defining the framework for model validation at Starling Bank, and to undertake validation of critical models.Key Responsibilities
- Accountable for the validation of all material models at the Bank.
- Lead, direct and undertake the independent validation of models, including IFRS 9, forecasting and decisioning models.
- Define policies, procedures and standards for model validation, ensuring that activities are carried out to high standards and in line with regulatory requirements.
- Define and oversee model validation activities undertaken outside own area, e.g. externally.
- Record and track model validation findings through to resolution.
- Ensure model validation is documented to a high standard, and present outputs to senior stakeholders and committees.
- Keep track of industry trends and regulatory requirements to continually enhance the Bank’s approach to model validation.
- 10+ years’ experience in model development or validation related roles within a Banking environment.
- Strong experience of IFRS 9 and credit risk modelling.
- Exposure to other model types (e.g. Financial Risk, Machine Learning, AI) preferred.
- Proven experience in influencing, negotiation and relationship management.
- Strong communication skills, with experience of preparing and presenting documents in relation to models.
- Coding experience in Python, R, SAS or similar.
- Good knowledge of model risk governance.
- 25 days holiday (plus take your public holiday allowance whenever works best for you)
- An extra day’s holiday for your birthday
- Annual leave is increased with length of service, and you can choose to buy or sell up to five extra days off
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Salary sacrifice, company enhanced pension scheme
- Life insurance at 4x your salary
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth including mental health support and cancer care. Partner benefits include discounts with Waitrose, Mr&Mrs Smith and Peloton
- Generous family-friendly policies
- Perkbox membership giving access to retail discounts, a wellness platform for physical and mental health, and weekly free and boosted perks
- Access to initiatives like Cycle to Work and Salary Sacrificed Gym partnerships
You may be put off applying for a role because you don't tick every box. Forget that! While we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we're always open to discussion. So, if you're excited about working with us, but aren’t sure if you're 100% there yet, get in touch anyway.
We’re on a mission to radically reshape banking – and that starts with our brilliant team. Whatever came before, we’re proud to bring together people of all backgrounds and experiences who love working together to solve problems.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.