Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s next frontier is Affirm Card. Affirm Card is the first-of-its-kind financial product that enables a consumer to access debit card spending capabilities with the option to obtain a loan through the App. Consumers can spend with confidence at any merchant, in-store or online, and know they will be supported by the hallmark trust, transparency, and ‘no gotchas’ that define Affirm products. We are a full-stack & collaborative team, focused on delivering the right outcomes to our customers, so our work spans from launching new product features to improving the robustness of our financial platform. We operate with a high level of technical capability, strong cross functional communication, and a creative mindset.
We are looking for a Senior Staff Engineer to lead the engineering development across Affirm Card. This team owns full-stack development for the card – including mobile & web clients, card network integrations, loan system integrations, financial accounting & money movement. We are looking for an engineering leader who can steer architectural decisions to benefit the full product lifecycle. This is an industry-defining product, and as an engineering leader, you will have the opportunity to meaningfully influence not only Affirm’s future, but the future of the card product industry.
Affirm is experiencing rapid growth with millions of customers across thousands of merchants in-store and online, and your contributions will be a key enabler of that growth. Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust.What You’ll Do
What We Look For
- Drive the long-term vision and architecture of the Affirm Card product
- Champion innovative, scalable, and delightful solutions in service of Affirm Card’s customers. Promote a strong culture of innovation. Actively research, brainstorm, prototype, and present ideas.
- Establish architecture, technical design, and code review standards, coach team members to conduct effective design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards, create best practices, and lead by example.
- Mentor & provide thoughtful feedback to individuals across Affirm Card’s engineering team, including several Staff+ engineers and internationally-located engineers
- Foster a culture of technical excellence, humility, constant improvement, and rigor to build a team that can confidently tackle complex challenges across multiple technical domains
- Collaborate & align with other engineering leaders across Affirm
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT):
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better
- 8+ years of engineering experience, including 3+ years of technical leadership and 2+ years with financial technology
- Track record of successfully architecting, building, launching, and growing consumer or financial products at scale
- Proven ability to mentor high-performing & senior engineers
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical rigor, innovative mindset, obsession over product excellence, and an ability to move fast
$222,300 - $325,000USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states):
$200,000 - $300,100
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
Some Key Highlights Of Our Benefits Package Include
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first.
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.