At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
As a Software Engineer in PayPal’s Alternate Payments Methods (APM) team, you will help design and build a robust product to support PayPal’s existing APM products, as well as drive innovation in the Alternate Payments platform. You will leverage your expertise and experience to design and build systems that will bring best in class customer experience to provides global payment acceptance solutions to all merchant/partner segments at PayPal.
Meet our Team:
Alternate Payments Methods Engineering Team:
APM is a team which enables Payments that are not run through a credit or debit card schemes. With APM we increase PayPal TPV (~1 – 2 % Annually) and provide a competitive advantage by enabling merchants to integrate with a single payment provider, PayPal. The charter is to enable integrations to local payment options and plugin these integrations into PayPal merchant facing and consumer facing products. Our goal is to increase the PayPal share of checkout by letting customers have a choice to use their favorite local payment options to do e-commerce and online payments. We provide various integration methods for alternative payments which are used by Braintree SDK.
With Smart Payment Buttons (Guest buttons) and Unbranded API’s we enable 21 APMs (9 General Availability, 11 limited releases, 1 digital wallet) Alternative Payment Methods globally
APM Team owns the full stack, i.e., this team owns the experience, payment processing (Local Payment Methods, Bank) which includes Realtime and settlement, and Operations. This adds the complexity of understanding the system E2E, rather than focusing on sigle domains.
Your way to impact:
In this role, you will help design and build user-facing components for PayPal's APM platform to support additional regional payment methods and subsequent capabilities for PayPal merchants. As a member of the APM team, you’ll work closely with designers and backend developers to create responsive, efficient, and visually appealing interfaces that provide an exceptional user experience. You will have to collaborate with cross functional teams; architects, product owners, and other engineers to create innovative & scalable solutions serving millions of customers. This job requires a strong technical background in front-end development, as well as excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively with designers and backend developers.
Your day to day:
primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and test high throughput front-end systems
- Develop efficient, elegant, clean code with no unnecessary complication or abstraction
- Involve and perform code reviews
- Ensure quality using standard metrics
- Partner closely with cross functional teams in development, design, product and other business units
- Work closely with designers to translate visual designs into efficient and functional user interfaces.
- Collaborate with backend developers to ensure seamless integration of the frontend and backend components of software applications.
- Ensure the performance, scalability, and responsiveness of frontend components by optimizing code and minimizing page load times.
What Do You Need To Bring
- 2+ years of experience in software development.
- Very strong foundational knowledge in Object-Oriented Design Principles, Data Structures, Algorithms, SQL/NoSQL, and Software Engineering
- Passionate about low latency system
- Experience with REST APIs, Web Services, Unit Testing and build tools.
- Working experience with databases such as MSSQL/ Oracle etc.
- Proven track record in delivering highly available, scalable systems on time
- Conversant in design patterns
- Experience in both development and quality assurance activities
- Experience in QA methodologies, test automation and automation frameworks
- Experience in driving Integration testing, UAT with external vendors
- Experience in GraphQL is a plus
- Experience working in payments or financial services industry is a plus
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies
- A constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
- We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.
Additional Job Description:
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is $60900 to $147400
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0102673