At Moneybox, we’re helping people turn their money into something greater. We launched our award-winning app back in 2016, and made waves with our now famous round-ups feature, which helped thousands of people start investing with just their spare change. Fast forward to today, and we’ve brought saving, investing, home-buying, and retirement services together into one simple app. So people can reach their goals and build wealth with confidence, whatever their starting point. With a range of free tools, educational content, and award-winning customer support, we’re already helping hundreds of thousands of people all across the UK.
As a Product Designer, you will lead the design for your product squad and support the Lead UX Designer for your mission area. Designers at Moneybox are accountable for every feature they design - launching features which touch all of our customers. You will work alongside other designers at a range of levels and collaboratively with Product Managers and Developers in a lean environment.
You must have roughly 3 years of UX (solid experience of UX practice) and UI experience (best-in-class visual design skills), a portfolio demonstrating your UX design process and visual design of digital products and features for native apps. You should have an interest in technology, an eye for detail and a desire to learn on the go and think on your feet.
All applications must include a copy/link to your portfolio.
What You’ll Do
This role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Full stack product design, taking responsibility for all aspects of the feature you design - with a focus on making the product easy-to-use and magical.
- You will lead design for your squad, working directly with the product, insights and engineering teams to understand the user base, business needs, related requirements and technical constraints.
- You will report directly to the Lead UX Designer for your mission and be based in the London office on a hybrid basis (2 days per week in the office).
- You’ll have weekly 1-2-1 sessions with your line manager to encourage development and growth.
- Have a deep understanding of the Moneybox customers, products and app.
- Detailed design of the feature you’re working on, creating prototypes and user flows to communicate your ideas and rationale to wider stakeholders.
- Continuously deliver design iterations in order to achieve the best experience, usability testing where possible.
- You will be responsible for the final UI, creating pixel perfect screens utilising design system components where possible, creating new patterns where required and adding beautiful transitions and animations to make the experience magical.
- Evaluate UI/UX design throughout the development cycle and support the development team.
- There will be an element of Service Design for your product as well as creating assets for campaigns and in-app content.
- Use a combination of data and customer feedback to refine and optimise screens, processes and micro-interactions.
- You’ll be a part of the wider Moneybox design team and participate in design reviews and design community.
Who you are
- A driven designer with 3 years minimum experience delivering both UX and UI design in digital including experience in mobile and app
- Possess a portfolio full of beautiful, well thought out interface work that showcases your flair and attention-to-detail. Include examples of mobile app products you have worked on (iOS and Android) – if you have them
- Proficient with each stage of the design UX/UI design process (eg: process flow development, system architecture, wireframing, research, interaction design, visual design, prototyping)
- Ideally have experience managing other designers
- You’re a great communicator
- Ability to design products and features that match how people think and behave
- Work well autonomously
- Eager to deliver impeccable visual designs and have a high attention to detail
- Quick learner, always open-minded and curious, and eager to learn new skills
- Ability to think on your feet, adapt and convey your ideas and thought process
- You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, with support from your fellow designers
- What drives you is delivering great experiences and solving problems
- You thrive in a fast paced environment where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact
- Love showing your work often because it’s how you improve
- Have an interest in the FinTech industry
- Passionate about helping people save and invest for their future
- Aren’t afraid to speak your mind. At Moneybox we actively encourage you to challenge everything!
- Illustration skills are desired but not required.