Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About The Role
As the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading a suite of Time Products, enabling Rippling’s customers to manage their workforce globally. You will be responsible for both scaling the Time & Attendance and Leave products globally, and bootstrapping a brand new bet on building a top-tier Scheduling product. You’ll be working on defining, driving, and delivering the technical roadmap of the team, hiring talented engineers who can continue to build out our scalable systems, and defining the underlying Scheduling Platform at Rippling for the next 5 years and beyond.
What You'll Do
- Provide technical leadership and vision in a widely scoped engineering team.
- Work collaboratively with other cross-functional teams and leaders.
- Work cross-functionally with product management and engineering leadership to drive said vision.
- Balancing a long-term vision with a high-impact and iterative roadmap.
- Drive company-wide engineering initiatives and process changes.
- Drive the development of the product and platform in a fast-paced environment.
- Coach and mentor engineers at different levels to achieve their career goals.
- 8+ years of engineering or engineering management experience.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems or related HR software.
- Proven track record of taking initiative and leading projects
- Proficiency in recruiting, organizing, and motivating teams
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers.
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $262,000 - $368,000/year
Tier 2: $262,000 - $368,000/year
Tier 3: $262,000 - $368,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above based on these considerations.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.