At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
The core of our company is not just the products we offer, but the personal connections our customers have with our brand. You can create digital experiences– from payments to rewards to servicing– that keep us connected to our customers and serve them at every touchpoint. From digital servicing and lifestyle features to secure, frictionless payment options, you can make a meaningful difference in our customers’ lives and help set us apart in the industry.About Network & Acquiring Solutions
The American Express Network enables over $1.6 trillion in annual spend and serves card Issuers and Acquirers in over 170 markets worldwide. Network and Acquirer Solutions (NAS) operates the American Express Global Network with the highest levels of performance, security, and integrity; and is supporting Network coverage expansion by onboarding new Network Issuers and Acquirers and launching a new Network in China. The NAS Product Development & Management team is focused on delivering innovative products, services, and capabilities that anticipate the needs of customers – the team is enabling more types of payments, supporting new use cases, and creating compelling value propositions for issuers, merchants, acquirers, businesses, and consumers.Business Unit/Role Specific Info
The Planning & Communications Manager supports the Network Product Development & Management organization within the NAS team. The role will work across 2 VP teams who jointly lead Product for Card, Digital Payments, and Multi-Rail payments across an organization of more than 100 colleagues. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Product leadership team.Key Responsibilities
- Work with the leadership team to align organizational priorities, drive cross-functional strategic initiatives, and ensure delivery against goals
- Develop communications and presentation materials for executive-level audiences, e.g., BUR presentations
- Drive the agenda and content of colleague town halls, staff meetings, roundtable discussions, etc.
- Drive the agenda and content of colleague engagement topics/meetings
- Partner with CEG to implement talent management programs – recruitment, training and development, colleague recognition, compensation, and retention
- Interact effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization to strengthen team culture, continuously improve the work environment, and identify and resolve issues
- Manage the administration of the product teams, include tracking of operating expenses, headcount, T&E, org charts, etc.
- Contribute to the organization's vision, strategy, and culture and drive awareness of products, capabilities and colleagues across NAS and the broader enterprise
- Collaborate with the chiefs of staff within the Network and Acquiring Solutions organization to ensure cohesion, alignment, and consistency with the broader organization
- Drive consistency in terms of the materials produced by the various product teams to reduce duplicative work/churn
- Manage Product-related projects that span across all product teams
- Ability to collaborate with and build strong relationships with leaders, colleagues in different time zones, and cross-functional partners to deliver value beyond traditional means
- Ability to quickly and effortlessly craft storylines and develop compelling presentations
- Impeccable integrity required for handling confidential information
- Adaptable interpersonal skills, high energy, and a proven team-first mentality
- Sound judgment, strong situational leadership, and strategic thinking
- Exceptional professional communication skills – clear, logical, and structured
- Self-confident with the ability and willingness to challenge and be challenged
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Demonstrated resilience, proactive problem solving, ‘can do’ attitude, and optimism in changing circumstances
- Strong business acumen with a risk-reward control perspective
- Strong analytical acumen, problem solving, project management skills with demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong project management skills, organization skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Business maturity and demonstrated ability to influence at all levels
- Proficient in analytical and presentation tools, including MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Payments knowledge and/or experience is preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Salary Range: $80,000.00 to $155,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- 6% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Free financial coaching and financial well-being support
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits
- Flexible work arrangements and schedules with hybrid and virtual options with Amex Flex
- 20+ weeks paid parental leave for all parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
For a full list of Team Amex benefits, visit our Colleague Benefits Site.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.