We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.Job Title
Director, Account ManagementOverview
Imagine rolling up your sleeves with some of the world’s leading technology companies to create innovative, differentiated products and solutions that shape the future of commerce. The Digital Partnerships team is responsible for cultivating and managing Mastercard’s strategic partnerships with key players across the digital payments ecosystem. We enable the biggest names in tech, e-commerce, and financial services to build best-in-class solutions leveraging Mastercard technology and deliver them at scale – solving real world problems for our partners and their customers.In This High-profile, Customer-facing Position You Will
We’re looking for someone to join our fast-paced, strategic team to manage and grow relationships with select global, strategic B2B and channel partners like Salesforce, Adobe, IBM, Intuit and others– enabling our customers’ success, increasing adoption of Mastercard products and services, and feeding our internal innovation feedback loop to ensure that Mastercard delivers relevant, impactful and industry-leading capabilities for our partners.
All About You
- Develop a deep understanding of your partners’ strategic priorities and role in the digital economy, and leverage this understanding to nurture our relationship, as well as to keep the Mastercard organization in tune with their needs and ambitions.
- Build mutually aligned strategies and plans with your partners that maximize value to our customer, and to Mastercard; and execute on those plans by effectively leveraging the Mastercard organization.
- Drive Mastercard’s go-to-market strategy with your partners across all Mastercard products and services.
- Identify new opportunities to expand our partnerships, and evaluate and assess the strategic and economic impact of these potential opportunities.
- Co-innovate with partners to build new product propositions through close collaboration with Mastercard product development and innovation teams.
- Lead all aspects of customer proposals (including crafting compelling RFP responses) and deal execution (including business case development, commercial terms structuring, negotiations, and legal contracting) in close collaboration with key business partners (e.g., finance, legal, product, engineering).
- You’re a self-starter who can effectively mobilize, influence, and lead large, cross functional internal and external teams.
- You enjoy engaging with internal and external stakeholders in matrixed organizations to get things done- if there’s a hurdle, you know what levers to pull to work around it.
- You run long-game accounts. You’re equal parts patience and persistence and are driven by the principle that long-term investments yield significant wins. It’s not about the quick win in your world. Team-earned home runs drive you.
- Relationship building is your bread and butter and you consistently exhibit sound business judgement with established strategic/conceptual thinking and strategic planning skills.
- You have a passion for understanding how products, tools and solutions work. While you might not be an engineer, you’re endlessly curious as to how solutions function… and why, sometimes, they don’t.
- Given the scope of your work, exceptional project management and organizational skills are essential alongside strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- You have strong executive presence and communication skills
- You’re a data-driven, strategic thinker with financial acumen; and a deep curiosity that inspires you to deep dive on complex topics and unstructured problems to deliver creative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree a plus.
- Fluency in English required, additional language(s) a plus.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $168,000 - $260,400
Westchester County Salary Range: $140,000 - $217,000